Carp Porter Porterlite Barrow

mikench

Reaction score
I didn’t just lose a chair when it collapsed I also lost a useable barrow as it had a barrow kit attached. I took delivery today of the above and have just spent an hour messing about assembling it, loading it, reloading it, extending bits and trying it for size on the drive. My neighbours just thought I was nuts but now they know I am. It was well packaged and went together quite easily once I had widened one bracket on the rear legs as it was too tight a gap. The underbarrow bag is well designed and will comfortably hold by cool bag and reels plus the free barrow cover which came with it. I have rearranged how I load up the car so the barrow is always first out and first in.

I now need an excuse to put it to the test which I am looking forward to . My other chair fits neatly over the sticky up bit which when extended is over the wheel thus improving balance and weight distribution . This is the best way I feel of loading the chair onto the barrow but only time will tell and pushing it on my nice flat but cobbled driveway is not the same as a muddy field.

I will report back with pics in due course. If this model is good enough for Sagalout it should be fine for me.

john step

Reaction score
I have had one for a few years. Same model. I have nothing but praise for it. I dont know if yours was the same but mine came with spare thumb nuts. I always make sure I screw them in a bit when taking the wheel off as I would hate to arrive at a venue to find it missing.

As mine has done quite a few miles the tyre perished recently and there was a bulge in the tyre wall.
A quick phone call to the factory and I had a replacement sent out straight away. This time I bought a complete wheel with a puncture proof tyre.

I also have a barrow cover. ( The accessories never stop). I can leave stuff in the under bag with the cover over it to keep everything dry.

mikench

Reaction score
You get a spares kit of nuts, handles, bearings and end caps. It looks well made and will hold everything I want . The inset bag is excellent and shaped to avoid the wheel and is rubberised only that side for mud protection. It folds quite small and I have high hopes for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I have one of those barrows. Not a bad bit of kit. Make sure you do the knobs securing the handles tightly though.

I pushed my one up the steep dam bank to an irrigation reservoir and the barrow slewed around on the wet grass and ended up pointing back down the slope. I may have been able to save the day but when one of the handles came off I was screwed, as were three very nice Free spirit rods when said barrow landed on top of them several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikench

Reaction score
similar to the enthusiasm and praise you had for your chair when you got it?
Nothing wrong with enthusiasm. I have had the chair for about 4 years so even allowing for two crossmember failures that's par for the course it would appear. As for praise I still like the chair as it ticks a lot of boxes being comfortable and providing lots of accessories. I won't get another but if a spare part can be sourced I'll have a spare chair. I can't fault Preston who have replaced when asked thus far. The barrow appears well designed and made and comes with a 2 year guarantee. It may fail and my praise might be misplaced but only time will tell. I am researching a new chair and despite your cynicism I shall report as I find and when the fancy takes me.