Carping on.SHOW

Iain Riley

Reaction score
Hi all

now i know this is gonna sound a bit like soure grapes just a week after the worst ever go fishing show at the NEC but yet another carp show and as usual it's set down south do you have to come from south of the Midlands to be a carp mad fisherman or is it that the big names wont travle this far unless it's for a chance to get into carpmania as a man of limited transport and funds im getting sick to death of missing all the good shows just because there down south.Tell me is it just me or is ther any body else that feels this way .sorry to be so sinical it's i just call it how i see it the amount of good carp waters we have in the Midlands and there allways down there what would be wrong with liford ,linner or the monumant or some of the newer waters in Eversham dose the money allways have to stay there i could name lots of great waters up this wat woodland view tunnle barn .tell me what you think .hooktie .Iain

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Being north of manchester we have no hope of seeing a carp show and with the rate of fuel price increases its just not worth the cost of the trip down south.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Wouldn't worry, wherever they are there crap nowdays, and it's always cheaper in your local tackle shop. The dayout will cost you at least £40-50, money that could be spentin your tackle shop.

Iain Riley

Reaction score
I took between £90 and £70 quid to that tackle show and it wodn't of bourght you sod all.I saw one real good bargin that was to good to be true since they came out i've been dreaming of the fox stratos reel the big one the 10000 theguy was selling two for £69 i thought about it and i thought thats to cheep there £100 each it would of left me with a tenna i thought the has got to be somthing wrong you know a second or somthing speciliy as a piar of the smaller ones the 70000 were the same price.i.ve been kickin the carp out of myself ever since as the rest of the show was crap.Still don't know if i dun right or wrongbut if you grnna go to a show like that 50 or 60 quid aint scwot you need a cupple hundred or dont bother you'll just end up depressed like the kid in a sweet shop and he,s 20 pence short so think yourself luckiy they dont have em up north unless you got a good credit card ,cause i've scuse my french been pissed off ever since i should of brought them reels and split notbothered looking at nothing eles an wasting my money on bits of this an that trying to get good value all i did was to wast money i couldn't afford at least if i had got the reels i would of had somthing good to show for ot but knowing my luck they,d of been empty shells on gears at that price .Iain so save your money and have a weekends fishing i wish i had /forum/smilies/baring_teeth_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif