Carr Side (Ince Blundell)

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
Going to take in a spot of relaxing, and relatively easy fishing at carr side or as some of you may know it Ince fisheries, wil be on the pond as you turn right through the main gates (unless someone else nicks my favourite spot), so anyone who may happen to be about come and say hi, i'll probably be in camo :0P

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
I hope I wont be pestered by them, one does like to be relaxed and not annoyed by chavs whilst one is wetting a line, maybe I should opt for my new "quieter" chav free fishery

S

Stevie 12345

The main fisheries I go to are

Hurlston Hall
Cheshire Fisheries
Latham fisheries
Drayton
Beacon View
Mescar
Brookside
Heskin Hall
Orcheston
High Heys farm

I used to fish Ince years ago and although its got some nice fish in its nearly impossible to catch them due to the smaller fish in it, where you you go

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
Yeh they are miserable gits, couldn't agree more however, I was amazed they had actually filled in the HUGE pot holes since my last visit, I was a little disappointed I was unable to point this though :0P Got plagued by the small fish all day, bait hits the water as you're shipping out your pole and the tiniest fish imaginable grabs the thing!, managed a few decent fish though, a v nice lovely marked, fin perfect perch gave a good scrap, I may head to a more difficult but less small fish infested water next trip out

S

Stevie 12345

Dont say I didnt warn you, it is a shame there are so many stunted small fish in it because there are some better fish to be had in all the lakes there.

Try any of the lakes I have suggested, they are far better- especially if you can go during the week/ evening

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
yes you did warn me :0P it was still an enjoyable session, I may just have to employ a few tactics to get my bait down past the little ones quicker, bloke next to me had 4 good tench and a few crucians not sure what bait he was using though. Do you know Hurlston Hall is in administration ? not sure how this will affect the fishing there though.

S

Stevie 12345

I new it was up for sale, but I thought this was just the golf course. I thought the caravan site and lake where independantly owned.

I like Hurlston hall but it has become overrun with carp anglers recently, I would only ever go there midweek.

Because it is a natural water the fish in there are in pristine condition- they all look as though they have never been caught. Carp anglers aside its a cracking venue

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
Oh I don't know if they are independantly owned or not, I just know my brother's wedding reception has had to be moved to another venue! I may have to book a day off work when the weather picks up again and wet a line there.

S

Stevie 12345

Good luck if you do, I'll be going up there sometime myself so I may see you there

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
I'll probably pick your brain as to best swims, baits etc before I go, I'll be the one with the red rose so you can easily spot me lol

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
Don't suppose you pike fish as well do you? There's a few stretches of canal I wouldn't mind seeing what's about always more fun with someone there, although the tales of "the one that got away" aren't as easy to get away with lol

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
Doesn't mention the fishing or caravan, Stevie may be right that it's independantly owned. ?4.5 million is relatively cheap for the amount of land you acquire, shall we all chip in and buy a piece I'll see what's hiding down the back of the sofa :0P

S

Stevie 12345

I'll have a go in winter, using a spinner or plug but thats as far as it goes. Definately not one of my strengths

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
I've done quite a lot of it, but like you I wouldn't say it was a strength of mine, I saw a feature in IYCF a month or so back with a guy around about on the Leeds Liverpool using a strange method (can't remember the name) but he landed a 16lber wouldn't mind that from the usual 4 or 5lb jacks I usually get.