Cars

C

Chris Bishop

PAC sticker for sale - ?5,995. With free Peugot 306 TDi, slight smell of sardines...

Seriously, thinking about changing old Bluebell, what's the best set of angler's wheels at the mo..?

Can't make me mind up and in severe danger of ending up with a Ford Focus for the boot space.

Do I have to drive round looking like a photocopier salesman all week just so's I can get all me rods etc in the back.

Or is there another way without ending up with a people carrier..?

C

Carp Angler

I've been having a serious look at the Transit 150.
It's the AA conversion, so it has a double cab and can seat 5 as well as holding a massive amount of gear.
Regular servicing and reasonable mileage make it a decent second/third car purchase.

G

Gerry Castles

Volvo Estate. Takes nine foot rods made up, plus all the crap you can pile in (and five people) If you can run to the 850 T5R it does 150mph. Those speed cameras won't stand a chance. BTW Chris how did your last brush with the courts pan out ?

C

Chris Betts

I have just bought a Renalt Senic. I used to drive a ford will never go back, cracking motor. Chuck all my Carp gearbin then chuck in my sons kit. He's only just started fishing so there is'nt that much. Then we get in the front. The back seats can be removed, or folded down to give more space than your average new three bed semi. Seriously though holds the lot, plus has the advantage of being a little higher than an ordanary car.

R

Ron Clay

Lada 4 x 4 diesel with the long wheel base section, made for African conditions. For an extra amount you can get bullet proof windows and anti-carjacking flamethrowers.

I particularly like the long pocket in the drivers door. Takes a loaded AK47 very well.

The double can beer carrier next to the dash has a cooling jacket connection to the aircon system. Cold Castles where ever you drive. :eek:)

B

Brian Lewis

I have a Renault Scenic and agree with everything Chris has said about it. Magic motor in terms of capacity and performance.

It's even got a holder at the front to hold two cans of beer (or whatever) and it's linked to the air conditioning to keep it cold! And two sunroofs to let out the smell!

Can't fault it.

W

Wag

Ford Scorpio Estate:- looks like a Bullfrog with constipation, but is consequently a lot of car for a low price, and they are absolutely huge inside. If you can't get all you're gear in one of these you've got far too much gear :) :)

K

Kenneth Delaney

Scenic.
Ugly as a brick, but I cannot fault it in any other way.
Carries 4 of us and all our gear no problem.
Best car I ever bought.

J

john conway

Ex BT Ford 55 diesel Van, 55 mpg. BT being better than GPO as they generally only have one driver. Will carry more gear and bait than I can afford. Everyone can get Ford spares and there’s a dealer in every medium to large town, not that I’ve needed one yet. However, it doesn’t have to double up as the famialy car.

A

Andy Davis

Subaru Legacy Saloon, both rear seats fold flat, 4WD and about 240bhp :)

Seriously...I'd never have another Peugeot and now have two Subarus !

T

Terry Mann

Andy,
Have been looking at the Legacy and Forester myself but have been put off by the cost of running one ,not the best on juice are they and some of the insurance quotes you get when you mention Subaru could give you a heart attack.

Terry

J

John Pleasance

Gerry, I seem to remember reading somewhere that you have to get over 156mph to fool the speed cameras but that may be somewhat apocryphal.

Lay off the Peugeots,I've got a 405 Diesel Turdo and it does fine for me.the A/C is particularly welcome at this time of year for us heat haters.

A

Andy Davis

Terry,

The mpg is not bad, but running costs are ok, shop around for insurance as some of them think us are all "turbonutterb*stads"

My peugeot 406 estate was so bad I got my money back !! The latest JD power survey was in "what car" recently have a look in there!

S

Sean Meeghan

Its got to be the diesel Scenic for me. Its worth it for the removeable seats alone - instant van!

R

Ron Clay

Two top tips for angling motorists:

1: Always carry a spare set of hub caps in the boot. When you are travelling through Liverpool, it is important to let the locals pinch them, or they might do a great deal more damage to your vehicle.

2: Always travel with your headlight on, even in bright sunlight. Then other anglers will think you are Des Taylor.

(Des Taylor drives a Volvo) :eek:)

T

Tony wainwright

I've got a (hush boys say it quietly) Ford Galaxy and no complaints. the back five seats can be taken out either individually or all together.
Its comfortable, Ghia model is all electrics,A/C, 2.3 litre engine so it goes quick enough. ?9K for just under 3 yrs old.
Well worth the money. If you cant get all your gear in that you should forget the fishing and run a tackle shop!

BTW if you go fast enough to avoid the second photo they will have got you on the first one.

If in Liverpool dont stop at the traffic lights or you'll end up on bricks!

G

Gerry Castles

John I understated the 850 T5R, it was in fact road tested at 155mph. take out the furry dice and the extra weight of the bass box and 156 is on the cards. Chris's wife regularly does this kind of speed around the fens (or so he says)

R

Ron Clay

Here is a true story. I went over to Paris last year on a business trip. I took my MDs Jag down to East Midlands Airport and left it in the High Security car park for 3 days. When I parked It I did so next to a very expensive and exotic silver Ferrari.

I returned to find the Jag OK, but the Ferrari was up on bricks, the wheels having been pinched.

I've never laughed so much in my life!!!;0D

M

Mark St Jefferson

Ron

Could definitley do with one of those Lada's round here. Preferably with proximity mines and electrified door handles.

Live in the east end and the ******'s have tried doing my van 6 times in the last three years.

All thats ever in it when I park is groundbait bags, smelly wellies, nets and all those fishing related things you DONT want in the flat. I think the smell from inside has stopped them stealing it on more than one occaison.
I keep expecting to find one of them asphyxiated by the van one of these days .

...Ooh I hope so! for which I will cut the little B*****s fingers off and use them for deadbaits!