Catfish Fish-in 2010 late August or give it a miss this year ?

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I'd say see what dates are on offer first Les.....

I'm still keen to investigate Naseby a little more....... I suspect we'd get lots more space there, chance of a big cat could be much the same (very difficult over one weekend), but I'm inspired by the 'unknow' potential of the big non-comercial* type waters. Also £20 for a 24hr ticket is a little different to £40 for 24hrs.

* I know its now run as a comercial fishery, but has only been so during recent years, and was never dug/designed as a fishery. Also the catfish themselves are a mystery as to origins ect... Adds to the excitment a little for me.

Cakey

Reaction score
6x the diesel for us ha ha ha but Im with you
Claudia has just been there so I will PM her tomorrow

r1paul

Reaction score
Hi Mark , Don`t what is happening to my posts tonight , just lost one , anyway I have sent Elphicks an email asking for dates for four adults , on four swims for a 48 hr session , on north lake in August , so we will see what turns up , if anything .:w

Windy

Reaction score
Naseby looks like a good go to me*... don't mind what I catch, if its big enough to take four Donkey choker pellets or half a tin block of luncheon meat, if its not a cat then I'll likely venture to have a new Carp PB !

* That's Welsh for 'cheap'**

** No, seriously, looks good.

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:18 ----------

I liked Elphicks - pretty keen on Beaver Farm too for that matter - just that I thought there was more chance of more active support from other members if we were to make the sacrifice of venturing north of the M25 a little way away from warm comfy civilisation towards the unknown....
If you want to do Elphicks or Beaver again, ten minutes after fall out of bed away from me, then I am surely the last to be likely to say no !

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

I also agree with Mark about the element of the unknown potential of a big expanse....

That said, although its 93 acres there are only 80 pegs, which seems a bit odd until / unless you read the screed more closely, seems it may be fairly restricted to dam end for fishing with mud city and impossible access round most of the rest of it ?

r1paul

Reaction score
I`m easy Windy , my only concern with Naseby would be the access , as I think it would be with Cakey , we both can`t walk to far these days , for me it`s arthritis and for Cakey , well he`s just a lazy git:wh

Windy

Reaction score
I'm not much cop in the walking very far stakes either Les.... health isn't what it was for any of us. Except for Hewitt, who still has the physique of a lesser Titan. You'd never know he was 68. Let's just lean against each other and Cakey can use us as a rod rest ;).

Seriously tho, let's see what Mark says about the place after doing his recce.

Venue wise I'm really not fussy, just so long as we decide on one within the next week or else time starts to run out if we hope to attract others to join us.

Especially during August which is still school holiday time. Mind you, it might be a good weekend to introduce a junior member of the family or so to the joys of fishing ?.

r1paul

Reaction score
I`m just going to throw this into the pot :http://www.waveneyvallylakes.com I havn`t fished there for many years , 3 lakes that have cats in , good size and 24hr ticket ?

---------- Post added at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

The link is not working for some reason , it may be better to google it ?

r1paul

Reaction score
Yew Tree Lake ( 3 swims Day Ticket )

Mash Lake ( 5 " " " )

Heartsmere Pool (5 " " " )

Kingfiser Pool ( 2 " " " )

G Lake ( 2 " " " )

Just a though Cakey .

r1paul

Reaction score
The last time that I fished it , they were field testing the " black Magic " boilie , 40 years ago ?:D

r1paul

Reaction score
Ive had a email back from Elphicks saying that they don`t take bookings for August untill late June , so at the moment we are still no better off for venues .:(