Catfish Fish-in?

B

Big Rik

Any takers?
There's a fair amount of interest on the forum for cats, so how about a fish-in?

Any venues or dates?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Yeah, i'll be up for that, if only to see your ugly mug.

Ebro??????????????

;o)

S

sash

And me.

No drinking now Warren and I'll leave my spod rod at home ;o)

P

Phil Hatton

I'm not too well up on cat' waters Rik. It sounds like a trip south to me. If I can get the time I'd like to come. Perhaps sometime in sept when the kids are back at school and the holidays are over.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Sounds interesting depends on location as i am up here in Lancashire. Dates should'nt be to much of a problem as long as there is enough notice for work.

Never fished for Cats so count me in. Will my 2.75Ib t/c Carp Tracers be adequate.

W

Rik.............

Swangey

Catfish stock is quite high, as they have had a number of good breeding years. Two of the original stock are now over thirty pounds, the lake record is 40lb 8oz and there are about 18 fish between 15lb and mid twenties. The breed stock are now getting to over double figures.

10 quid for 24 hours, nice!

A Wayne

Reaction score
LOL
10 cats in there over 24lb and you'd never get enough pegs.

B

Big Rik

Sounds good Wol, but it's 8000 miles away from civilisation.

Anyone know anywhere a bit more in the middle?

B

Big Rik

Cobblers Mead, Corringham, Essex. 5 acres. Gravel pit, depths averaging 7 ft, one man made reed island and several lily beds. Pike to 25lb, also some very large eels to 7lb plus, good head of catfish to 38lb. The water is full of small roach and rudd, the bottom is gravel with occasional silt patches. Two rods only, barbless hooks only. Fishery gates are closed between 7pm and 7am. Bankside space is limited so large bivvies are out. Cost: ?5 day ticket, ?1 extra for second rod, night fishing the same, or ?30 membership plus ?3 for the key. Permits/Control: Basildon Angling Centre on 01268 520144. or Steve O'Rourke at County Angling on 01708 477834. Tickets can be bought from the bailiffs on the bank. Location: Leave the A13 at the Basildon and Corringham exit, follow the signs towards Fobbing. Go through Fobbing, past the Corringham town sign, after the fire station on the right, take a left turn into Herd lane, fishery car park is 200yds on the right.

B

Big Rik

<a target='_new' href="http://www.fisheries.co.uk/furnacelakes/>Roman Lake</a>

W

Cobblers Mead sounds good to me mate.

Good location, good value and a chance of a tug, and we all know you like a tug Rik!

W

Pole's ok. Elastic rating 160 should be ok in conjunction wiv a Maver Tournament Telegraph pole!