catfish fishin 09

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
On the Elphicks website,it states there are cats to 68lbs (who knows they might even have grown bigger ???) ,there is every chance that Marks record of 53lbs could be beaten.

I will put up a bottle of something,probablywhiskey/scotch orchampagne as a prize for beating the record.If no one does beat it,then the bottle comes home and gets saved for the following year.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
youd better make it bacardi gold then Nick, cos im going to catch the biggest kitty in there./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Nick i`ll tell you what i will do, i shall do it for free and catch the mother cat. Trev have you banked one yet!!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif By the time Elphicks come round in the year that 68lb would seem a tadpole to what I hope to get as some of the lakes i`m fishing hold over twice that weight.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
both at the prices the uk place charge. The french trip might not come to fruition yet it looks like it will only be us two mate.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
COME ON ALL OF YOU CAT AND MONSTER CARP HUNTERS WE HAVE A FRENCH WE HAVE A FRENCH TRIP IN PLANNING FOR THIS YEAR, There is a french trip thread if your deffo interested then put your name down quick if you want to come to FM`s best fish-in. Many thanks/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
This french trip is very tempting too.I wish my misus be into fishing but unfortunately she is not. Any good tips on how to convert her into fishing?

Windy

Reaction score
What is this, French trip guff trying to hijack the catfish fish-in ?

If there are those who want to go to France and can afford it, then good luck to you all, but please don't try and sabotage / hijack the members who would otherwise be attending the the rather more affordable catfish fish-in in this country.

Otherwise I suspect that result will be that both events are likely to end up undersubscribed and never happen...

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Yeah Windys right lets keep the dreams of going to France on the French trip thread.

Lets talk Catfish at Elphicks on this one. Anyone want to restart the conversation ?

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
No Wiktor it isnt. If Dan can catch on his first trip there and he was a total beginner last year then anyone can catch.

Have you been to Celtic lakes at all ? me and Dan are going there in June

Dan I wont need any deposits yet until ive booked it and I cant book it till 6 weeks before the date.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
I'd be up for this as I couldn't make last year. Its my 18th though so I think I'd prefer to spend it out on the town.

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
He is trying to encourage me and the others.Still looks that I encourage other bloke and will be at least 2 of us coming from n.wales to make this team international.My body is a dutch nationality/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif