catfish fishin 09

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
My link is now working.............?

I know what you mean about Beaver Les........... is there a better alternative?

What about Orchid, or a cemex water?

Celtit does look good, but is 'out of the way' for most.....

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Hi mark

just had a look at Orchid lake but its only the club lake that holds cat and not a lot of them( we would have more anglers than cats at the lake plus it`s only 2 acres, orchid looks like a good carp water though.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Dan, I can see this years turn out being low. So thats why I suggested a small venue such as Orchid.

Regarding Cemex, just a suggestion off the top of my head. Are there not catfish in the day-ticket Yateley waters?

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>trev (100M bronze) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>nothing wrong with a return to beaver at all I just thought I would move venues around the country and give others a chance to get to the venues. Most of the fish ins are down south and not everyone can get that far.</blockquote>Celtic will be ok for me,heard some good stuff about the place have not fished it yet,still bit of the drive.I guest Llyne y Gors its to far for everyone else then.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
If there`s not going to be many people coming then why not shatterford lake (the masters pool) it has cats to 54lb and carp to over 40lb and I think its £45 for 48 hours and you can book the whole lake (i dont do links) but its at the top of the list on google, it does look good/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
If the turnout isnt going to be much more than 10 and i dont think it will then why not willowcroft ?

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Trev willowcroft wouldnt be the best as you already know 6 out of the 12 swims are quite weeded up and its £35 for 2 rods per 24 hours unless you purchase a season membership for £25 the its £20 for 2 rods per 24 hours and 3 rods is £25 per 24 hours at weekends and knock a £5 off them prices if fishing monday 12 noon to friday 12 noon, they dont have any showers and the toilets are shoody to say the least as theyve been trashed, they sell limited bait and tackle essentials and they hand out takeaway menu`s inthe reception and all will deliver to the front gates, the have 24hour cctv. I went up to willowcroft on monday night for 24hrs and hooked and lost 7 cats and landed 2 a 14lb and a 18lb cat and I missed about 15 runs but I found that to be the hooks I purchased of ebay.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Willowcroft is only 6 or 8 acres and holds 300 cats to 60lb and a lot of carp to 40lb plus and last weekend a 42lb mirror and a 44lb mirror came out over night there and a 45lb cat they were the largest of the weekend anyway/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
<u>Am I filling to be ignored/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif? Yes
</u><blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka wrote (see)</blockquote> <blockquote class=quote>

<u>Very sad its fully booked/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif was looking forward to fish new venue.</u>

<u>Fancy coming to Llyn y Gors on Anglesey in n.wales instead?</u>

<u>here is the link : http://www.llynygors.co.uk/</u>

<u>Don'T know about spaces available,will have to give them a call if there is a will from you fellows. </u>

<u>Or I can call elphic and use my polish skills to persuade them for the fm fish in, they will understood my(polish) test for fishing./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</u></blockquote> <blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote> <blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka wrote (see)</blockquote> <blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>trev (100M bronze) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>nothing wrong with a return to beaver at all I just thought I would move venues around the country and give others a chance to get to the venues. Most of the fish ins are down south and not everyone can get that far.</blockquote></blockquote> <blockquote class=quote></blockquote> <blockquote class=quote><u>Celtic will be ok for me,heard some good stuff about the place have not fished it yet,still bit of the drive.I guest Llyne y Gors its to far for everyone else then.</u></blockquote>

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Victor I think celtic lakes is too far for most people so I`m guessing north wales is putting them off.

How about WAVENEY VALLEY LAKES in Norfolk?

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
OK I will have a look at venues in the midlands area (should be accessible for most) that has lots of facilities and is cheap as chips, craammed full of catfish that are easy to land.

Watch this space.....

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Unfortunatly catfish waters aren`t cheap as chips to fish and as they are worth a bit of dosh they are well looked after and the waters`s will be holding good number`s of large carp(well most place`s do) alot of good waters have cctv as it would be wrong not to have them, as of theft, rival fishery owners doing there worst to eliminate there opposition i.e causing harm to fish stocks and theft.

Cakey I fished there a few time`s last year and blanked both time`s but that may have something to do with having the swim down the far end bay (lake with the cats in, I can`t remember the name) and the next angler fishing in the swim to the right of me had his line`s across the bay entrance so nothing could get past without being spooked.

I will be going back up to waveney this year so if your down there then let me know bud.

Hope we get somewhere booked soon as june looks to be a scorcher so everyone will be booking up, plus i`m booking of the friday and monday on that weekend so l would prefer to go somewhere decent with great prospect`s of catching a whopper but I don`t want to be chasing the one big fish in the lake, I`d like to stay for 72 hours or even another night, bar humbug