Centerpin fish new date

A

Alan Roe

To all those who are interested we are planning a centerpin fish in on the River Severn on Saturday 10th March.
Would all those interested please append their names to this thread so we can get an idea of numbers.
As ever the event is to some extent weather dependant.
Everyone welcome.
Cheers
Alan

M

Malcolm Bason

Thanks Alan, I'd love to go - but don't have the kit, so little point. Nice idea though!

P

Paul Williams

Malcolm, i'm going and i had my pin lifted by some bathtub, if you fancy it come!! you will be made welcome, it ain't a must to own a pin, it's a get together where we can all learn from each other, i remember the control a pin gave me, i want to couple that "old style" control with a modern long rod, don't think the gaffer (missus!) will sanction both yet though!!!

D

Dave Johnson

Severn again fished poorly today at Bewdley, even Mr Hadrell went home fishless yesterday (bonus to us others)
I think the water higher up around Shrewsbury/Atcham is fishing better, maybe cos it is shallower/faster-maybe look at the results in the paper before confirming the venue Alan....what do you think?

A

Andy Davis

I don't have a "pin" but will try to attend any way ;0)

M

Malcolm Bason

Thanks for the encouragement Paul - I'll see what I can do! It would be nice to learn something from you chaps.

B

Bar Barbus

Don't have a pin!

What a lot to learn in 1 day.

Double haul, Nottingham cast, far and fine, you'll only get a minute appreciation of the joys!

Once mastered nothing finer, ranks equal to that "wham" and bendy rod on 10lb instant barbel bite.

P

Paul Williams

Bar, none of us will learn it all in a day, but surely the seed will be planted and ain't that the part that counts? along with a decent social with other anglers.

B

Bar Barbus

You seem to have missed the point, I am extolling the virtues of a pin, and would hope that the little acron that is planted grows into a mighty oak. But it must be realised as you say, that this is only the beginning

P

Paul Williams

Sorry Bar, I'm renowoned for missing the point!!! if the river is kind it should be a good day.

M

michael jepson

Alan is the centrepin fish still on for the 10th March? Stan Lewis's stretch is producing roach to 1lb 8oz. The Town water and 60% of the match lenghth are currently open.

A

Alan Roe

Not being local to that area I had assumed that with the foot and mouth epidemic all the waters would be closed.
Quite honestly I feel that we would set a better example to others by leaving it until the new season my coarse rods have now been put away until then.
I am wholly prepared to to reset a date for early in the new season and for those that attend it will be a valuabe learning opportunity.
Belive me I am a frustrated as anyone by the combination of floods and pestilance that has stalked our lands since the teach-in was first proposed.
Some of those who made it to the Gordon Scott Memorial Fish-in at Kempsey have had a foretaste of what is on offer and were very happy!Ask Graham Elliot!.
I feel that it may be viable to set another date for the end of June.
How does everyone else feel about this.

D

Dave Johnson

End of June sounds fine Alan. The rivers should be fishable, with an abundance of silver fish to go for.How about middle Severn? There are plenty of D/T waters around and it is reasonably central.

A

Alan Cooper

As before, I would hope and try to be there. I've now put my rods away at least to April (post pestilence) although it is the rivers I long for. I shall be on the Hampshire Avon on the 16th!

R

Richard Drayson

Guys. Anybody looking for a centrepin?
I have 2 for sale in the classifieds section.