Centerpins fish in where when??

G

Goose Ganderton

I must agree with Paul a delay of a couple of week may see the river in a better condition as the weather pattern over the next few days is for a lot more rain and i fear if it stays wet less and less people will turn up which would be a shame. We could always make it Fmagic Xmas party/teach-in/fish-in. Just keep an eye on the river Paul. Nice pic Alan :)

R

Ron Clay

I have been using centrepins since childhood. At the moment I own two, a Youngs Rapidex II and a Youngs John Wilson Heritage, which is absolutely superb for trotting. It also Wallis casts extremely well.
I don't know why more people don't use centrepins for river fishing? For trotting in particular they are far more efficient than fixed spool and closed face reels. They do take a little more skill is is true, but it's well worth learning how to use them.

R

Ron Clay

I have been using centrepins since childhood. At the moment I own two, a Youngs Rapidex II and a Youngs John Wilson Heritage, which is absolutely superb for trotting. It also Wallis casts extremely well.
I don't know why more people don't use centrepins for river fishing? For trotting in particular they are far more efficient than fixed spool and closed face reels. They do take a little more skill is is true, but it's well worth learning how to use them.

A

Alan Cooper

Nice to hear it Ron! Certainly, I agree 100% and I am absolutely sure Alan Roe will too. If I can ask those in the know - what is the advisable line strength at Bewdley? Currently, I have 4lb on my Paul Witcher (might change if needed) and 8lb on my Youngs centrepin.

P

Paul Williams

Goose+all, the rains coming down and the wind is blowing hard, with the land still sodden i think we can call it off and regroup for another day, as soon as we get a spell of settled weather i will try to get the stretch again, also i will see if i can get decent B+B for those who whant it. Oh yer goose, how do you know bruno's got those pic's on his bedroom ceiling?????? teehee

R

Ron Clay

I would love to come to Bewdley with all of you, but as I've only just joined the web site it's a bit short notice. I have fished the Severn near Bewdley quite a lot, especially for the big roach. The best stretch is below Bewdley towards Stourport if you want the big roach. It belongs to the Littleton Angling Club and they issue day tickets but only for mid week as their stretch is matched up on weekends. The big man with the ginger beard put me onto this stretch. I've had roach up to 2lb 7 oz from it mainly on stret pegged maggot.
Actually you should invite the big man with the ginger beard to your day, he hasn't got a clue how to use a centre-pin.

P

peter webber

Goose
The river medway is fisherable, I was there yesterday at yalding up river from the weir (see rain go away for catch report). If you want to know more about fishing there let me know.

Alan Roe

Reaction score
Hello Ron Nice to see you and you would be most welcome to join us.
Sadly I note Pauls comments re the weather and I agree with him that it would be pointless for us all to travel in several cases hundreds of miles to a flooded river Severn.
Can I suggest a mid December date, weather depending, as usual

P

Paul Williams

Ron, there's no reason why you shouldn't come along to the fish in, we are going to rearange the date. It's Alans baby really, i'm just helping to find a location. You are right about the roach between Bewdley and Stourport, there are some crackers, whoose the guy with the beard?

G

Goose Ganderton

ere steady Paul... I am assuming that Bruno has his ceiling covered in saucey pictures cos he asked me for a load of Meg Ryan and offering a file ticket to his waters it would almost be worth biting the pillow :)

Alan Roe

Reaction score
Paul I have a feeling he is refering to Des Taylor A.K.A The Bewdley Yeti. Good sort of fellow.

P

Paul Williams

I thought he was, but red beard? i've known Des along time and if i'm going grey? he must be dying it!

P

Paul Williams

The pressures of work are getting to you Carp me lad !!!! (bit like Wolves are me!!!) but if you don't mention them again i won't mention the fact that you are stuck at WORK !!!!!

Alan Roe

Reaction score
Just to reassure everyone the centerpin fish in will happen as soon as the rivers settle down. If anyone is in the north West area and wants to call in for a spot of tuition on the Wallis cast just give me a shout.
Cheers
Alan
100th poster on this thread!