Cheese Paste

Chris Elwis999

Reaction score
Has anyone got any recipes for making up a good strong cheese paste for chub and carp that they could share with me.

matt

Reaction score
No probs Chris
Get some ready made pastry, roll it out and sprinkle garlic powder on it. (you can get this as a horse feed supplement) Cover with equal amounts of mature chedder and danish blue or any strong blue cheese.
Then nead the whole lot together, voila!
I sometimes warm it in the microwave to soften the cheese then nead again, but be gentle with the warming.
If you plan to use it in realy cold weather once youve rolled out the pastry spread some margarine on it.

Chub love it.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I also used to use a flavour in my paste called "Chubby Cheese" by Rod Hutchinson. It's powerful stuff so don't spill any or your house will smell like sweaty feet for years.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
Crumble your Danish Blue and pour on a VERY small amount of HOT water and mash until you get a thick creamy consistency. Then add liquidised breadcrumb and mix thoroughly to form a putty-like feel. You can add colour (red or yellow) or flavour at the cream stage if you like, some add horrible fishy smells, Mature Lobster and the like,or cheesy stuff,liquid worm!,if not nothing will be fine. Roll into a ball and wrap in foil, then clingfilm, then a plastic bag, then a box, you don't want it to escape! Leave in the airing cupboard for 48 hours, put it in your tackle box and leave it. When you need it, unwrap at arm's length and you will see it has formed a life of its own. There will be a brown/green mould on the outside and the paste itself will be a very pleasing pus colour.
tips:
Mould a BIG lump (cherry size) around a ledger stop on a hair below a size 6 minimum hook, tied to 6lb minimum line NO MORE than 4 ins from a lead that will NOT move in the flow.lob it out and leave it. Each cast should last at least 30 mins, longer if you are brave enough. If there is a chub within 20m of your bait at any time during the day/night, you will catch it.well hopefully

mr chubblybarbel

Reaction score
hi Chris,
THe simplest cheese paste is mix water with danish blue, mix it to a sludge, then add some finely grated red leicester for colour, and sprinkle with corn flour to obtain desired consistency. To give 'real cheese power' add some parmisan to the mix. i was told once to add a little vodka to the mix in winter, this apparently aids flavour release in the cold water.I use this mix regularly in winter and have had fair success on it.
regards Chubbly