Clattercote help

A

Andy O'Shaughnessy

Hi
I normally spend the summer barbeling on the kennet & Thames, But I have been invited to a "works match" on clattercote, dispite trying to search the site I would like any latest tips and methods, baits, etc. that could give me an edge. Match date SAT 24TH JULY.
Peg numbers to be drawn on the day

A

Andy O'Shaughnessy

Thanks for the link Adrian, had'nt heard of the bagging waggler method, any other useful links anyone ??

S

Shrek

Andy, there's this link that will give some info on Clattercote. Also quotes a phone number for more information too.

A

Andy O'Shaughnessy

Thanks guys,,Joskin what about hookbaits and groundbait mix for this method??

Joskin

Reaction score
If you are fishing the bagging waggler you can use a normal method mix but you should put quite a bit of crushed hemp in with it to help it break up quicker. keep spanking it out every 60 - 90 seconds at first untill the carp start to realize that the big splash created by the baggin waggler hitting the water means food. after a while the carp will be on it as soon as it has hit the water.
With regard to hookbait I find that as many maggots that i can fit on a size 12 Kamasan Animal works pretty well.

DO NOT PUT YOUR ROD DOWN (unless you have a baitrunner facility) as takes are savage. I would also recomend useing 8lb line (certainly no less)

A

Andy O'Shaughnessy

Thanks Joskin, I'm going shopping tommorow, hope to get hold of such a float & associated goodies for the mix. Still searching hard for any articles, I guess its somthing relativly new??
Thanks for all the info so far..

A

Andy O'Shaughnessy

Thanks joskin and Adrian.
Had a great day with the lads, fished 110 to 120. Bagging waggler was working well off the dam, too much drift from our swims, well thats my excuse!!!. Method worked well although had a couple of bite offs when on large pellet. Are ther Large Chub present??
Afternoon much better ( after the match!!)must return for an evening session soon.
Thanks again Guys...
Andy