Clattercote Results

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Sir Grahame Marsbar won it with 38 pound odd on the bagging waggler. JK [I think] was second on similar. Mark Wintle had 25lb + of roach.

How did it fish? Very patchy and not particularly well. I thought I was in with a chance early doors but the fish wandered off and never came back...largely because of a yobbo in the next swim chucking a huge pike float about ! I had 3 carp and a bream for 18 pound odd but nowt in the last 2 hours.

Good day though. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How did it fish? Very patchy and not particularly well.

Those two lines sum up the Keith Culley Memorial perfectly! Year on year!

Nice to meet you Skippy, rest assured 18lb is a terrific first score at Clattercote.

Good luck with those naughty zeds!

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Sir Grahame Marsbar won it with 38 pound odd on the bagging waggler. JK [I think] was second on similar. Mark Wintle had 25lb + of roach.

How did it fish? Very patchy and not particularly well. I thought I was in with a chance early doors but the fish wandered off and never came back...largely because of a yobbo in the next swim chucking a huge pike float about ! I had 3 carp and a bream for 18 pound odd but nowt in the last 2 hours.

I won it fishing The Method.

Tried the waggler for about 5 minutes but didn't fancy it. JK had one of those new-fangled sinking ones and fished it well for second place.

Thanks to Nigel for his usual efficient organisation and thanks to FM for the after-match sausage and chips.

Sad to see none of the newer members giving it a go on what has always been an enjoyable day.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Big thanks to Nigel for doing the organising.

It appaears that it was a good match, pity I couldn't make it.

Looking forward to the write-up and the pictures though.

Well done to the winners and all those who took part to commemorate one the FM's founders.

PS: Nigel, how about post June 16th next time, eh? please, pretty please?

S

Scott Whatmore

A good day with good friends once again. Well done to all those that attended. Shame there weren't any new members there to meet up with.

Thanks to Nigel for organising it and to FM for the aftershow nibbles.

Not sure about pictures for any write up Peter, I don't remember seeing a single photo being taken this year.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure about pictures for any write up Peter, I don't remember seeing a single photo being taken this year.

Que?

I hope you just missed it then Scott, the Clattercote Match has always been a flagship event for FM and always has a good write-up together with pictures of before, during and after the match . . . . . the after match ones being those that most hope their friends never see . . . .

Well done GM, MW and JK, seems like you all had the venue worked out.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Sounds like a good day was had by all – unfortunately I joined AM too late to accommodate this date into my calendar. Are there any other similar events this year or should I look out for the 2012 match?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Sounds like a good day was had by all – unfortunately I joined AM too late to accommodate this date into my calendar. Are there any other similar events this year or should I look out for the 2012 match?

There are normally a few get togethers over the course of the year. Last years postponed Aces v Chavs rematch is still to be played.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
My battery was flat, just managed one of Skippy playing his first fish and it closed down never to relight. Did anyone else take any pictures?

Glad everyone thinks FM paid for the after match nibbles, must see if I can get my money back this time. :(

And Jeff...my rod seemed to work a lot better than yours !
Saw you got the reel at the right end and didn't interfere after that. ;) :D

Reaction score
My battery was flat, just managed one of Skippy playing his first fish and it closed down never to relight. Did anyone else take any pictures?

You should have said Jeff! I had my camera in my bag but just assumed I wasn't photogenic enough (or indeed skillful enough... lol!) to make the write up... ;)

Look forward to reading your matchday musings in the write-up...you should have weighed in matey; that's the first rule of Clattercote! Lol! :)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Top stuff Guys and congrats to the winners!:w Let's see the pic's and write up! Could you not attend Ray?

Noknot,

Couldn't make it as other things had been arranged, like the venue, not the kind of place i would fish, but after the fish in's it's worth going to for a day.