Clattercote Teach-in (12th April 2008)

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Yes. off to the Far East to write a review of Ladyboys, nothing contentious there at all....!!!!!

W

Wolfman Woody

Talk about diverting threads - or 20 steps to Asian Ladyboys.

BACK to Clattercote chaps.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
OK

I'm no expert, but I am more than willing to come along on the day and do whatever it takes to help make it a success (some might say that staying away might help....!)

Iwill, if allowed, write up an account of the proceedings and take a few pics as well, and as I seem to have kicked this off and to plagiarise a famous speech

'Ask not what Fishingmagic can do for you, ask what you can do for Fishingmagic'

Let's have a few more volunteers................!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Guys, which day are you talking about - the 5th or 12th as Graham has floated the 5th as a possibiltysince some cannot make it on the 12th ie me!

blankety blank

Reaction score
I'd be up for this on the 12th (can't make 5th). I'd like to learn how to fish the method feeder.

Would my barbel rodsbe suitable for this,or would i be better off with my 1 1/4 rods?

J K

Reaction score
I'd like to attend. Either of the two dates suggested are OK for me.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Blankety, it depends on the size of your balls!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Mike and me would like to come along Graham, we both would like to learn more about how to fish the method feeder. We can't make the 12th but happy with the 5th.

W

Wolfman Woody

Looks like it's a split decision -

Claudia on the 5th.

Blankety on the 12th.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I ..... think ....... I'll ....... go ........ with ...................... Claudia.

or Blankety .

Not sure, but you can't please everyone.

(Sorry it was Blankety, not JK - just corrected it.)

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Will try and get there either date. Will have a fish or help anybody out if they think i am good enough

stu

Reaction score
Hi all what a great idea,as long as I'm free on either of these days I will gladly come along and pass on the little bits I know about fishing the method,the pole or the waggler

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Later I'll put up something about tackle and bait, but the let's get the date decided first - is it the 5th or the 12th?

It's looking like it's going to be a good day.You won't have a better chance of learning about the method and the bagging waggler now we've got Stu Dexter coming along as well.

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Just out of interest, which pegs do you usually aim for at Clattercote?

I'll pencil in both dates for now but I'm a learner rather than an instructor.

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

In the match we usually aim for the nearside, the pegs closest to the car park.

For the teach-in it doesn't matter, we'll take the bank where we can get all our people along it so that we're not split over two banks. If so many attend we have to use both banks than we'll just have to make sure there's someone to teach on both banks.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
I'd like to come along to have a go at that method too, but can only go on the 12th, it's my daughters 16th birthday on the 5th, so daren't go then. If the majority want the 5th, no worries.

P

peter webber

I'd like to go to this and maybe help a few of those that have not done Method fishing before. For me it would have to be 12th as I'm away til the 9th. I'm hopping to get some fishing in while I'm away too, if so I'll post a foreign fishing report of it up on here.