Clattercote Teach-in (12th April 2008)

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

In this week's Alternative Angler Kevin has a few ideas about how FM fish-ins can be improved. One idea is for the more experienced anglers to spend some time with the less experienced at the annual FM Clattercote match to teach them how to fish the method feeder and the bagging waggler. Perhaps spending an hour before the match giving a helping hand to those who want/need it.

I don't think that will work; there is precious little time as it is to have a relaxing breakfast, do the draw, getto your swimand then tackle up.

So what I propose is that I, and anyone else with method feeder and bagging waggler experience, hold a tuition day on Clattercote some weeks before the match.

There will of course be no charge for this, other than what it costs you to get there, and the cost of ticket and bait. I will, along with anyone else willing to give their time, spend the day helping the less experienced with method feeder and bagging waggler fishing. I'll also bring along some of my own tackle and some freebies of both terminal tackle and bait.

<u>The day will be Saturday, 12th April.</u>

Please put your names down on this thread if you want to come along - it doesn't matter whether you're experienced or not. All you have to do is just say on the day if you want help or not, or if you want to offer help.

We'll keep it informal, start the day with breakfast as usual in Tesco at 8amfor those who want it, and fish for as long as we like.

I know the weather may not be too good in April but that won't stop anyone from learning how to fish a particular method.

This teach-in is open to <u>ALL</u> FishingMagic members

If you're not a member you can join here - it's free

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I am sorry butI cannot make it that day due to child care commitments but it is an excellent idea.

Any ideas of the date for the big day itself?

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
I'm tied up that day too, but I would love to see an in-depth article on the bagging waggler and method (as well as other feeder tactics, with rigs) on here. Superb idea and hats off to those of you willing to give up your own time and in Graham's case some terminal tackle and bait too!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

P.S I fished it in April a couple of times last year and it fished much better than it did in May so do not let that date put you off.

Reaction score
Graham that sounds a fantasic idea! What a great opportunity.

I returned to angling last autumn after 10 years away due to work and family commitments. The method and bagging waggler are techniques that took off during my dry spell - so not part of my experience.

I would love to come. One question: Where's Clattercote?

Matt Corker

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Just a quick note, (I've got to go out now - yet another weeting) but I'll get back to you later and answer any questions. If April 5th suits most people better then we can change it to that date. Majority rules!

W

Wolfman Woody

I booked a plumber to fix a leak last year and I think that's the day we booked.

I might leave the wife to sort that out and go along anyway.

EDIT: Should say, TO HELP if it's required. Top method bait is sweetcorn or maize BTW. Well, it's worked for me in the past.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Jeff, Graham's proposing the 5th or 12th depending on what works best.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Great idea, I'm up for it. Under the guise of practicing for last years event which was my first one, I fished it a few times in April and as Nigel says, it fished very well.

I'll happily show people how I fish the baggin waggler but I'm not that skilled as last year proved! I'll be more comfortable showing people how I fish the open ended feeder which I fish a lot and was very successful there (at least in practice).

I could also teach the "pole alongside the boards" method as long as Graham can bring plenty of spare top sections!

Nigel could "talk you through" his exclusive "hanging on with a centrepin" method as well!

Clattercote

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Where abouts in Bucks are you Andy? If it is set for the 5thApril, Iwould glady pick you up if its feasible.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Probably nearer for you to give him a lift anyway kevin!!

Andyw

Reaction score
Oh Kev... I meant to thank you for that long list of cottaging spots in and around MK.... Very accurate descriptions!! No wonder you've not been fishing much.... Now I know why your off to Singapore!!! ;-p