Closed Faced Reels

Reaction score
They are great single handed trotting reels for generally smaller fish,with the chance of odd decent fish,brilliant for canal waggler fishing,again because of the single handed nature of operation,leaving the other hand holding the line above the hook for underarm flicks etc....or overhead come to that...

mikench

Reaction score
Having taken my 507 from my reel boxes to take a pic for the OP I shall give it a run out next time I go fishing. If Murphy's law operates as it should, my pursuit of roach will produce a few lumps.

GT56

Reaction score
I've been checking through my old diaries looking for some information, when by chance I spotted in April 2012
I purchased a ABU 706 closed reel and couldn't believe it was the think end of ten years ago.

However, it remains to this today the worse piece of tackle I've ever had the misfortune to own and I'm wondering have they improved?

mikench

Reaction score
Aged 10 or 11 I was bought my first rod probably for my birthday. I bought my first reel with pocket money and Christmas money I had saved. I wanted an Abu 501( I think) but that was nearly £1 and the Intrepid Black Prince I did buy was a lot less. When I resumed fishing over 50 years later I had to see what I had missed so bought a 501. I doubt I would have otherwise. The 507 was a bargain which I couldn't refuse.