Colours of autumn

mikench

Reaction score
I might not like all the fallen leaves but the colours are beautiful.

IMG_0490.jpeg
IMG_0492.jpeg

Notts Michael.

Reaction score
The leaf colours on the various species of trees along the canal near me this afternoon were really stunning as I threw a few lures about in a failed attempt to net a Perch or Jackpike, it was basically a nice autumn walk while carrying fishing gear! :LOL:

Aknib

Reaction score
I love the Autumn colours and given where I'm lucky enough to work it really is stunning everywhere I look.
Took this earlier today after doing a couple of hours in my gardens at work and the Acer is just beaming in it's lighter Autumn leaf...

20241022_130242.jpg

@Clive

Reaction score
Autumn is on its way where we live. The cranes, called gru here, can be seen in small flocks heading south. If we get any northerly winds it can be like the thousand bomber raid. They fly 24/7 and can be heard from miles away. The funghi is also blooming. I found some King Alfred's Cakes the other day. I used to harvest them and use them as firelighters for the Kelly Kettle. Other species are also abundent....

Bunch of Funghi.jpg

Two Pink  Funghi-1.jpg

The leaves are turning slowly and there are lots of nuts and berries this year.....

Reddened Oak Leaves.jpg

Ferns & Berries.jpg

Sweet Chestnut in Shell.jpg

But the summer species are still about too. This little chap is about the size of a 2p piece.....

Orange Butterfly 2.jpg