Commie 10ft feeder and reel for about £50 each

Drynet50

Reaction score
My 12/14 ft multi feeder rod came out quite a bit last season (I left the pole in the bag a quite few times) but I've realised I'm making it difficult for myself casting on many small lake commercials where I'm after the carp (occasional doubles), tench, small barbel, bream.
Seems I should be on a 10ft feeder rod. Looking to get a new reel as well and modern 6lb or 8lb mainline.
Rods I've been looking at are the preston ignition and Maver reality?

Reels, well I'm confused by the Diawa range but I think the ninjas are my price point. So maybe the LT match and feeder, or smaller 3012a / 3000c reels?

Line - Diawa hyper sensor. Not sure what BS.

Thanks folks.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

mikench

Reaction score
I'm always reluctant to give my preference for a particular rod or reel or line for that matter. It's a personal thing and ask 50 people and you could get 50 different answers. What I will say is one can never have enough rods and reels in all different lengths and sizes. I like my feeder rods in different lengths to suit different waters, and different pegs on the same waters. Low hanging and encroaching branches to left and right don't suit a 13 or 14' rod. Get a 10' rod and a reel to suit it and the next rod at 11' and the one after that at 8 or 9'. I prefer Shimano reels to Daiwa any day and a 2500 or 4000 size bait runner is very versatile and doesn't have to be used as a freespool reel. Shimano with various models supply spool reducers. You don't need 300m of line to cast 30m.

For line I use a variety for different purposes but mainly Sensor in 4 and 6lb and it's an excellent inexpensive line which if you don't like hasn't put you out of Pocket. I admit I'm odd in that I like Tackle and even though I'm a lousy angler I do know a good rod and reel. Ownership is a pleasure for me as well as useage. You now have an excuse to go and buy. This weeks AT has a review( If You can call it that) of at least a dozen bomb rods ie 10' feeders from £400 to £60 so start there and good luck.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Plenty of choice in that price range. If I were you I’d consider the Matrix Aquos range. 10 foot commercial feeder rod can be had for £54.99 inc delivery on eBay.
The reel can be had for £49.99 and both are designed for the job you have in mind.
I’ve not used either so can’t recommend but have several items of Matrix tackle and can’t fault it.