cromwell lakes???

alandkell

Reaction score
i will be fishing here on the 26th on my very first 24 hr session for big carp! any clues on tactics (i am a beginner at the carp thing!) what baits work on there? i will be using nash squid boilies but should i have a particle bed a peelet bed or just use pva????????? and any other tips you may think useful thanks!!!!:wh

flightliner

Reaction score
The lake is fairly heavily fished and when you arrive its likely that there are thousands of uneaten boillies around. Fish them by all means if you wish but my advice would be to set up on the bank where there is a wind blowing onto it or into one of the little bays on the north western side. If you can get one of these places all to the good. my tactics then would be to fish a rod with a single boillie and NO freebies anywhere near it (if its boillies you want to use). My other rod would be fished into the bay if a wind is into it or only a rod length from the bank on the southern end. The rig would be a very simple paternoster with a quarter once lead but the tail would be about five foot long with a big lobworm onto a size six or four hook and it having air injected into the head, this worm will stay suspended for hours until dead, only then should you replace it. This has accounted for some great carp for me both there and other heavily fished carp waters when others have struggled for a bite. Its unconventional but its often a winner.
Good luck

alandkell

Reaction score
The lake is fairly heavily fished and when you arrive its likely that there are thousands of uneaten boillies around. Fish them by all means if you wish but my advice would be to set up on the bank where there is a wind blowing onto it or into one of the little bays on the north western side. If you can get one of these places all to the good. my tactics then would be to fish a rod with a single boillie and NO freebies anywhere near it (if its boillies you want to use). My other rod would be fished into the bay if a wind is into it or only a rod length from the bank on the southern end. The rig would be a very simple paternoster with a quarter once lead but the tail would be about five foot long with a big lobworm onto a size six or four hook and it having air injected into the head, this worm will stay suspended for hours until dead, only then should you replace it. This has accounted for some great carp for me both there and other heavily fished carp waters when others have struggled for a bite. Its unconventional but its often a winner.
Good luck
thanks for that! will deffo give the worm a try on at least one of my rods! sounds like it could be just the ticket!:)