Daiwa Hyper Sensor

shane99

Reaction score
I am a fan of regular sensor so just wondered has anyone been using this & is it worth a go ?

shane99

Reaction score
no one else interested Bob so we are going to have to buy some & give some feedback :)

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I have only used ordinary sensor so I cant comment, shimano aero is another I use, and I find them more or less identical, the shimano feels as if it is slighty softer,
If you are happy with ordinary sensor and are confident in it, why change ?
This part may contradict the above but I am going to try Preston reflo and Hyper sensor because
I am going to be in the process of re spooling a few reels, I know what ordinary sensor and shimano
are like, so it will be a comparison, and the one I am most happy with I will stick with it.

shane99

Reaction score
you know how it is Markcw we just like to try things. As Hyper sensor diameter for 6lb is roughly the same as regular sensor for 4lb give or take it has to be worth a go. If it 'behaves' the same as regular sensor thats a win win for me. I remember when drennan double strength first came out I tried it and really didnt like it as it seemed very stiff compared to whatever I was using at the time and I havent used it as a main line since.

Like yourself if your happy stick to it & regular sensor hasnt let me down ever, so could hyper sensor be the holy grail of fishing line in my tiny world ? :)

We will see, if you try it let me know what you think. I re spooled with regular sensor yesterday as cant waste what I have so it may be a while hence the post.

B

binka

Cut to the chase, get some Gold Label Pro-Gold on it and be done with the whole thing... The same line will pay you back over catches and seasons!

Quality always pays you back.

Sorry...

Keyboard Turrets moment :eek:mg:

Gip... Gip... Twitch...

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Steve, at the moment most of my fishing is done using my pole, the reels I am re spooling are my feeder reels that will
only come out to play when I know I am going to a venue where a feeder and float rod approach will be better,
my float reels are loaded with daiwa matchwinner line which I am happy with, as for the feeder reels I am happy with what I have on 3 of them at the moment, its the other 3 that I am going to try different lines, I buy it in 300m spools that way I can do 2 reels with one spool. Then later on in the season I will decide which one to stick with,

shane99

Reaction score
Update - Spooled up with 6lb hyper sensor on my centrepin - first time of use as in hdygo this week - and no probs at all. I cant see how can really get line twist spooling on a centrepin which is a positive to start. From memory 6lb hyper is the same diameter as 4lb regular sensor so a little bit more security. Seemed supple enough but not much more to add as this point. The real test will be using on a fixed spool reel which I will when I need to respool one of them so I will give another update for those who may be interested.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’m a sceptic, have you measured these diameters or taking the claimed figures as gospel?

I can’t put my finger on it but prefer the regular to hyper.

John Keane

Reaction score
I am a fan of regular sensor so just wondered has anyone been using this & is it worth a go ?

I have been using Hyper Sensor in 15lb on my 2 pike rods for 2 years now and got no complaints at all. It’s thinner than normal sensor and a bit lighter in colour but it’s supple and works well (for me anyway)

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Daiwa stated diameter for Sensor & Hyper Sensor
Sensor 4lb is stated to be 0.20mm 6lb is stated to be 0.24mm
Hyper Sensor 6lb is stated to be 0.209mm the lowest bs of Hyper Sensor is 5lb which is stated to be 0.185mm
the nearest Sensor to that is 3lb stated at 0.180mm
These are the figures given in the Daiwa catalogue.

shane99

Reaction score
I’m a sceptic, have you measured these diameters or taking the claimed figures as gospel?

I can’t put my finger on it but prefer the regular to hyper.

didnt measure it S63 just taking the Daiwa's word for it, I cant see them pulling a fast one on their diameters.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I haven't tested the new Hyper sensor but when I tested the original Sensor I found the 4lbs broke at 6lbs 2oz knotted which begs the question what is the actual knotted breaking strain of the new 6lb Hyper?

sagalout

Reaction score
Have to agree with Mark here (since he is the king of all knowledge it is an easy agreement to make) but I think all they have done is make the breaking strain closer to reality. So hyper 6lb is probably just good old sensor 4lb.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Have to agree with Mark here (since he is the king of all knowledge it is an easy agreement to make) but I think all they have done is make the breaking strain closer to reality. So hyper 6lb is probably just good old sensor 4lb.

That was the direction of my thinking.

sagalout

Reaction score
[CYNICAL HAT]When you give it a good coat of thinking about monofilament is monofilament and there are probably very few manufacturers and the ingredients are probably the same so how can they be vastly different BS for the same diameter? [/CYNICAL HAT]

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Hyper is available in gunmetal grey and the original dark sensor colour.
Sensor is available in clear as well as original dark colour and also in yellow in higher breaking strains.