Daiwa Nzon s 11 foot feeder rod

Newbie74

Reaction score
50 gram cast weight anyone using one of these rods as I’m after one currently best price I’ve seen is £81:99 /£84:99 what would be a good reel to match with this rod Specification .

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
4000 size reel from any of the major manufacturers, I’ve found Cadence reels to be of good quality but there are plenty of alternatives out there.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
50 gram cast weight anyone using one of these rods as I’m after one currently best price I’ve seen is £81:99 /£84:99 what would be a good reel to match with this rod Specification .
Why 50g casting weight, ? You may be limited to payload depending on venue and species and method you are fishing.
I have a shimano 80g which is just as good at short chucks with a 20g feeder as it is at 70 yard chucks with a 40g feeder.

Newbie74

Reaction score
Daiwa do some good reels, they do Ninjas also do an N,zon reel around £80.
Good reel ,.May be a shade to big for what you want but worth a look.
I would also look at the Shimano X series of rods, I would say the x3 is in your price range.
I wasn't Aware there was an x3 range , granted the x1 distance power feeder is 12 foot feeder is £64:99 as I Already own one for fishing in Ireland are they as good a rod as the daiwa Nzon range I want an 11 foot feeder rod for fishing in
The uk on commercial Waters and if that’s 2 big will downsize to 10 foot .

Newbie74

Reaction score
I wasn't Aware there was an x3 range , granted the x1 distance power feeder is 12 foot feeder is £64:99 as I Already own one for fishing in Ireland are they as good a rod as the daiwa Nzon range I want an 11 foot feeder rod for fishing in
The uk on commercial Waters and if that’s 2 big will downsize to 10 foot and for reels I’m impressed with the daiwa Ninja reels have seen good reviews

Newbie74

Reaction score
Why 50g casting weight, ? You may be limited to payload depending on venue and species and method you are fishing.
I have a shimano 80g which is just as good at short chucks with a 20g feeder as it is at 70 yard chucks with a 40g feeder.
The 50 gram Cast weight was that specific rod I was looking at in
The Nzon range , I was basically going on price as that rod was Around the £84:99 mark up they get a lot dearer in price as
The weight increases

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
The uk on commercial Waters and if that’s 2 big will downsize to 10 foot .
Try the Middy 4g, they do that in 11'
Not sure ofprice though.

Newbie74

Reaction score
The 50 gram Cast weight was that specific rod I was looking at in
The Nzon range , I was basically going on price as that rod was Around the £84:99 mark up they get a lot dearer in price as
The weight increases
In an 11 foot range of feeder rod would you go for a heavier load you mentioned you have 80 Gram cast weight rather than a 50 gram I know the Nzon s starts at 50 gram and goes upto 100 gram but then the rod becomes a 3 piece

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Personally I would go for heaviest I could, they can be used at lower weights as well, you should get a selection of tips with the rod, usually 3.
Some brands also do extra tips, Say you got 1oz,2oz,3oz tips with the rod, You may be able to purchase .75oz, 1.5 oz tips as well.
Just because it says 80g casting weight it does not mean that you have to load it up to that.

Newbie74

Reaction score
Personally I would go for heaviest I could, they can be used at lower weights as well, you should get a selection of tips with the rod, usually 3.
Some brands also do extra tips, Say you got 1oz,2oz,3oz tips with the rod, You may be able to purchase .75oz, 1.5 oz tips as well.
Just because it says 80g casting weight it does not mean that you have to load it up to that.
I’ll shall
Have to check in daiwa webpage 11 foot Nzon s goes from 50 gram as a 2 piece rod up and then into 3 piece rods , 60,80,100 gram I think the heavier rods would have heavier tips

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
As ever with fishing there is no right or wrong answer but I generally want the softest rod I can get away with for playing fish.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
To be honest I carry 2 feeder rods, 10 and 11 foot and I have no idea of casting weight!!!!

That said I only fish commercials and none that require a particularly long Chuck.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
As ever with fishing there is no right or wrong answer but I generally want the softest rod I can get away with for playing fish.
The middy 4g x flex 11' feeder is 20g to 80g casting weight and rated to 12lb line.
I have an old UK made daiwa feeder rod., not got a clue what rating , but a gudgeon would give one of the tips a wrap around, ideal for bream.
I also have the canal wand of the same Daiwa model.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
To be honest I carry 2 feeder rods, 10 and 11 foot and I have no idea of casting weight!!!!

That said I only fish commercials and none that require a particularly long Chuck.
The speedcast comes into play for medium/long chucks and big fish.
I have a Garbolino and a Daiwa Harrier for shorter chucks and smaller carp and bream.

Newbie74

Reaction score
The middy 4g x flex 11' feeder is 20g to 80g casting weight and rated to 12lb line.
I have an old UK made daiwa feeder rod., not got a clue what rating , but a gudgeon would give one of the tips a wrap around, ideal for bream.
I also have the canal wand of the same Daiwa model.