Daiwa Nzon s 11 foot feeder rod

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Do you like the Middy range of Rods
Never had one, a friend bought a feeder rod about 3 years ago when I was buying my Harriers, he says it's a good rod.
The only middy tackle apart from floats I have is a white knuckle margin pole I bought for grandson before I bought him a daiwa yank n bank.
I had a middy zx65-2 16 metre pole ,top of the range, I couldn't get on with it, so I kept my Daiwa and sold the middy.
Don't get me wrong,Middy do some good tackle, it's just down to personal choice, With me it's Daiwa, Shimano and Preston Innovatiobs.

chevin4

Reaction score
I checked out the 11 and 12ft version of this rod in the store yesterday. I was very impressed with both the slim blank build quality and progressive action. Although the rods were designed primarily for commercial fishing I reckon the rods would be ideal for river work for chub and perch on rivers such as the Gt Ouse.

Newbie74

Reaction score
I checked out the 11 and 12ft version of this rod in the store yesterday. I was very impressed with both the slim blank build quality and progressive action. Although the rods were designed primarily for commercial fishing I reckon the rods would be ideal for river work for chub and perch on rivers such as the Gt Ouse.
Any price on the 11 foot 60 gram as there quite scarce I’ve rang a few tackle shops in London and they either don’t stock them or are out of stock .

hague01

Reaction score
Only middy I have is the 5g 10 ft bomb. Cracking little rod, great value, chucks 50g. Had 9 and an 11 on it this week, great fun. For under a hundred, does a lot!

hague01

Reaction score
For what it's worth middy is short for Middleton who I understand was a well known angler. Derby or surrounding I think.The company is run by his sons, one of which I met in my tackle shop when they were launching the xz 65 float and feeder rods. I had the float for a while that was nice too.

Newbie74

Reaction score
still an expensive rod hasn’t dropped in price over the past 12 Months

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
Can't think of many things that have dropped in price over the last 12 months be it fishing tackle or much else.
Strange old times we are living in at the moment.

hague01

Reaction score
still an expensive rod hasn’t dropped in price over the past 12 Months
Middy have a top of the range quatrix zero rod at pushing 300£. I haven't the slightest doubt these are real quality rods probably unmatched at that price too. For someone buying a rod to last for years I am sure it will be a great buy. I would love to try one to see if I am right but the market in used middy rods does not encourage me to take the punt of buying new. Things are inevitably tightening on the money front too so expensive toys are maybe off the list for quite a while. They are on mine!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
I made a mistake when I said my Speedcast was 80g it's 90g .
It's a good Stillwater and river rod it was the first one Shimano made for Jan Porter to try, Mine is the actual rod , if it was good enough for him ,it's good enough for me ,
I think they are still available on foreign websites at around €270 or thereabouts.
If anyone is looking for a good discontinued feeder rod , have a look for the Shakespeare Continental feeder rod , this was flying under the radar when it first came out .

nottskev

Reaction score
N'Zon? I'm not really interested in the rods but I'm wondering why the weird name. Does it mean anything or relate to anything about its use or manufacture? Od'Zon it's just meant to sound vaguely techy and futuristic.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
There's a new kid on the block Nytro or something , I think Tommy Pickering has something to do with them .
There is a write up in this week's angling times on the 9' bomb rod , caught a good sized carp using it a decoy lakes .
It's carbon composite but slim blank , and for £30 it would be worth a punt for anyone looking for a rod like that . There are other sizes in the range .
I have seen other tackle they do on their fishing forum I am on . Looks decent stuff .