Daiwa power mesh?

chipbuttee

Reaction score
I am wondering what opinions thoughts etc the members of the forum have on this particular range of rods that have been reintroduced by Daiwa as against others in a similar price bracket I regularly fish a couple of what was mainly bream/roach waters where tench and carp have been introduced recently, it's become a real mixed fishery.

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
By coincidence I have recently bought an 11 foot 6 inch Powermesh feeder rod rated at 50g casting weight. It was in a sale for only two thirds the recommended price. It is quite powerful and ideal for the method feeder I have recently become addicted to.

If the other rods in the range are as well made they will be fine. Daiwa have a good reputation and their after sales service is very good. Always very helpful when I have phoned for things such as locating a spare reel spool etc.

Keith M

Reaction score
I thought you were talking about the original Powermesh rods. I have two Powermesh Avons and the are lovely rods, now over 20 years old.

I have one of the older 2lb test Diawa Powermesh Carp rods which I still use when I’m chasing carp on the surface and it’s a superb rod even though it’s at least 20 years old.

Keith

Philip

Reaction score
I have a few Powermesh rods...3 old Powermesh X Carp rods 2.5tc that must be knocking on 25 years old now , took a while for me to like but they have grown on me. They seem to have gained something of a cult following as years pass, more so than the more expensive (at the time) Infinities which surprised me a little. They are good all round workhorse rods to cover lots of situations.

I also have a pair of more recent 10 foot 3lb Tc Powermesh rods that I got for more restricted swims on rivers and also for using on a boat. They are not of quite the same quality..rings for sure are worse..but still quite nice rods although the 3lb versions are a bit beefy perhaps for general fishing.

I always feel Diawa are a safe bet for rods, I have have a few and cant think of one that I was disapointed with. They may not set the world alight but they probably wont let you down either...in my opinon anyway