Daiwa Team Daiwa Match Reels

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Manufacturer says -

The Team Daiwa match and feeder reels share in the design pedigree of the now famous TD-R.

Their precision made aluminium alloy body ensures that each model is both compact and ultra strong. And thanks to our advanced Digigear power, speed and durability are all optimized. Superbly smooth their winding and handling is enhanced by our first double handle, giving the added benefit of counter balance.

Impeccable line lay comes from Cross wrap gear oscillation which combined with Twistbuster II delivers faultless line release. Many other valued features are fitted as standard such as Infinite Anti reverse and the ultra robust AirBail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I have two of these, the 2508 and the 3012, and I think they are fantastic for the money.

PS: For anyone looking in, these posts are me trying to get this review system to work properly and fidn out what is and what isn't shown. So leave more replies if you wish, but what I have put down is the truth so far, I do have two and I do think they are great!!! OK ;):)

Last edited:

johnnyfby

Reaction score
I am a devoted Daiwa fan, and i nearly bought a pair ofthe TDR's, however a friend of mine is a very good bream fisher and he had already sent 2 back to daiwa, after a year of use, that sounded like coffee grinders. Obviously Daiwa backed this up with free parts and postage back.
I also have a pair of 2508CU series reels which i thought were the nuts but when playiong a few barbel on the topper float on the trent they,couldnt hack the pressure and are now used for my silverfish waggler fishing.

imo the jury is still out

Jon

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I,too am a big,big Daiwa fan. I have a couple of Capricorns for me barbel fishing,a 3012 for "dog" feeder fishing and two Excellers that I use for light work. Never had the slightest problem with any of them. Never liked the TDR's though...I could not see that they were twice the reel the Exceller is and I will never EVER buy a silly coloured reel until I get paid a fee for the bankside product placement.

Without ever consciously deciding to do so I seem to have replaced all my Shimano's with Daiwas. I still have and still use Shimano reels but its the Daiwas that I reach for first.

When I'm not using a centrepin of course !

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
OK, LISTEN UP GUYS!

Seems like this is working to some extent.

If anyone want a product putting up to feed a rating into or a comment or two, let me know what the item is called and if possible a link to a manufacturer's site where we can nick a photo or two and get this review system on the road!

PS: You can do it yourself of course, but to include a photo will have to capture one and resize it on your own PC. Myself and/or Geoff will try and edit any that are missing a photo, but don't let it stop you starting new product reviews off.