Daiwa tournament x margin pole 9m

W11lyv

Reaction score
daiwa tournament x 9 meters brand new 3 top two's new zoom cupping kit only put elasticks in top's 350 or nearest offer
And fitted with nose cones

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
South Wales so you can't go! Haven't you got enough poles? :rolleyes:
Change of plan Mike,not bothering with it, something doesnt seem right, it's a £550 pole, selling £350 ono, and its supposed to be brand new, cost of the elastic and a cupping kit is around another £80 minimum, so in effect its £630 , Even if I could go it would be worth putting fuel in the car, and still save a few quid on buying new.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I’ve never seen the point of margin poles, modern poles are strong enough to cope with lumps and are generally longer.
Mark, you have a G50 which, if it’s anything like my old G20, is capable of landing anything if handled appropriately.
What advantage do you think you’d have with a margin pole?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
It was the price that attracted me Peter, the sections are compatible with my G50, so it would be extra topkits plus spare sections,
I have had a 15lb carp on the G50 using 15h on a side puller,
The club water I fish has lumps that can show to 20lb down the edge, So in that respect I have a Matrix MTX margin pole , handles mid doubles no problem no that I changed the elastic.It may be physcological but would rather take the chance of a £300+ margin pole going bang than a section on a £1000+pole.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
No, topkits are around £90, spare number 4 around £130 ,number 5 around £150.
So you can see the advantage of buying it,
Plus they are good poles, A few anglers use them on Alders and at Rolfs,

I was tempted earlier to go for a more or less mint 14.5 metre Shimano Diaflash,
4 topkits, of which 2 have not even been cut back for elastics, and the mini extension is still in its wrapping. A brilliant canal pole £300.