Decent commercials.

dicky123

Reaction score
I live near Grantham in Lincolnshire. Could any kind sole give me a few places to fish around the area. I prefer large waters over small, but I'm open minded. I prefer feeder fishing as I don't want to get into pole fishing having enough gear now.

I'm just getting into this type of fishing so any help I'd be very grateful.

Thanks Guy's.

dicky123

Reaction score
That place looks amazing. What lake do you suggest for carp?

Once again thanks.

Richard.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The only one I can think of is Alderfen fishery in north Lincolnshire.

The lakes are not all that large but are a bit more "natural" than most commercials, but nonetheless, still a commercial fishery.

The adverts all say that the Carp are all "English strains" so don't expect any F1's.

Alderfen Fisheries

As with all commercials though, you still pays yer money and takes yer choice . . . . .

john step

Reaction score
The only one I can think of is Alderfen fishery in north Lincolnshire.

The lakes are not all that large but are a bit more "natural" than most commercials, but nonetheless, still a commercial fishery.

The adverts all say that the Carp are all "English strains" so don't expect any F1's.

Alderfen Fisheries

As with all commercials though, you still pays yer money and takes yer choice . . . . .

I have visited Alderfen a couple of times. Nice feel to the place. Some good tench in the general lake.

However I read an article recently about the good tenching in the Grantham canal. Is this near you? Worth investigating?

Last edited:

john step

Reaction score
It is not near to me at all John, the only reason I know about it was from posts on here and elsewhere . . . . .

No I know its not near you!! Why did I post that quote to your entry and not the original one...I have no idea.....Senior moments are getting more frequent....DOH.