Derby Trent fish-in ???

I would be well up for fishing the Trent near the great city of Derby...

• Aye

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I'm thinking of arranging a fish-in on the Trent near Derby sometime before the end of the year - maybe the first weekend in November?

Just want to guage interest in it first as we would need to clear it with a local club with details of the number attending and so forth.

The stretches include barbel, pike, carp, bream, roach and some cracking perch (I saw one of 'em once).

Last edited:

Morespiders

Reaction score
Paul, Can i come if i bring some socks for you all? not mine of course, just ones i find hanging about with no foot in them

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
All of those thing Nick, depending on the swim you choose.

The stretches all around Derby can vary greatly in character within the space of 2-300 yards or so. It has long, shallow gravel runs that drop off into deeper, slower sections, marginal reeds, streamer weed beds with clear patches in-between and generally fairly comfortable swims.

It obviously depends on how much rain there has been, but it pushes through with some ooomph when the heavy rains do come.

I'll have a pair of thick socks for my fishing boots if you find some Mr Spiders, winter's not far off now and you can never have warm enough feet.

Last edited:

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Have a good time mate, we're heading for the South coast tomorrow.
S*d the Motorway, A38 all the way........
Get in touch with Frothey, he'll show you were the bass are ;)

jim_smith

Reaction score
Derby Fish in

Hi Paul

Sounds good - been dying to fish that river. Guess ****y will be up for it too. Don't forget Mr Fisk and I are in talks about a Severn fish-in in Oct to. Maybe second weekend so we can fish the weir.

Were on a trip to Oxford thur/fri after next if your interested. Trying to break the doubles barrier for tench!

Jim