Discontinued products......what would you want?

steve2

Reaction score
There could be a number of different reasons why things are discontinued but I bet the main reason is...............the product didn't sell well enough to make it worthwhile.

With the amount of new "must have" tackle hitting the shelves weekly it's surprising that anything stays around for long.

Is your new shiny tackle really any better than what it is replacing, I very much doubt it, but many fall for it. I have a shed full of discontinued but still used tackle along side new barely not used.

nottskev

Reaction score
That's pretty much what I think, for the big items like. In recent years I've been far more likely to buy a second-hand back-up/spare for an old item I've got than buy a new model. That's been true for poles, rods and reels. The way prices have gone for these suggests they are not only getting rarer - more people are interested in them.

Reaction score
But what's must have??? tackle development is incredible on accessories,but rod and reel wise doesn't seem to have altered a great deal in probably more than ten years,in fact some of these have actually took a step backwards imo,I feel hooks have took a slightly backward step because imo when flourishing maggots,casters,tares etc a crystal bend is best,and the patterns were available,but have gone,even Drennan's crystal match has changed from its original shape.

Last edited:

mikench

Reaction score
I am on the mailing list for The Tacklebox and today's email offers £50 of a conservatory/porch for your bivvy. If that isn't discontinued soon as a waste of time I'm a Dutchman.

je kon het niet goedmaken! je krijgt er een gratis plant bij

steve2

Reaction score
I am on the mailing list for The Tacklebox and today's email offers £50 of a conservatory/porch for your bivvy. If that isn't discontinued soon as a waste of time I'm a Dutchman.
Does it come with windows boxes and decking?

mikench

Reaction score
For those who don't speak Dutch I wrote " you couldn't make it up. You get a free plant to go with it"

What an unnecessary piece of kit.

Reaction score
I've just woke up and read your post Dave,I had to blink three or four times and re-read it,I thought it read 'breakfast of champions',I started gagging instantly,yuk,what a thought,actually eating the stuff,lol.