Does this rod exist?

mikench

Reaction score
It was Ian. Even a numpty like me wouldn't use an 8' rod on a large river; I have my own Hardy Avon for that! I do believe S63 feels some of his waters may hold small barbel and the swims are too tight and inaccessible for a longer rod! John will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong!

s63

Reaction score
Yes and no. Small river and swims are tight and a devil to get to but small barbel? A few doubles with one or two up to 16lb, I hope to get introduced to a few smaller ones ( for now anyway).

whitty

Reaction score
I hope I didn't sell you a bum steer John,don't think you could have broken the one I had...bloody tough little rod.

tigger

Reaction score
It was Ian. Even a numpty like me wouldn't use an 8' rod on a large river; I have my own Hardy Avon for that! I do believe S63 feels some of his waters may hold small barbel and the swims are too tight and inaccessible for a longer rod! John will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong!
To be honest Mike, if the rod suites the spot i'd use it whatever the lenght. I have a couple of spinning rods one about 8 or 9ft which would be perfect for barbel fishing, either touch legering or legering. You could even trott with em at a push as they arn't too heavy, the length might be an issue though lol.

s63

Reaction score
Whitty
I’m sure it will be fine, if not I shall come and darken your door.:)