Don't know what to do/ get as a complete beginner

Gjimwickyfish

Reaction score
I am a 14 year old complete beginner fisher in Scotland and I don't know what rod and things to get, I would like to fish freshwater fish somewhere near me but I don't even know what their is to catch. The main places I could be able to fish would be near Edinburgh or near Aviemore/nethybridge in the highlands. My budget is probably around 100 pounds. Any advice or recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Welcome Gjim, I would check on line, google coarse fishing and name your area, see what comes up, any tackle shops nearby would be another place to ask, maybe one or two clubs will come up, another place to look, visit their websites and see what they offer. I think once you find out what is in your area to fish for, then you can decide what appeals to you. Once we know that we can help advise you on gear, baits, methods ect.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
A trip to your closest tackle dealer may help. They probably have as good a knowledge of the fishing available in your locality as anyone. Once you find out what is available they may be able to help out with tackle selection too.

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
I agree with Ray, also they may have some second hand gear for sale too...

Last edited: