Drennan or Cadence?

chipbuttee

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a float rod for trotting the two that interest me are the Drennan Acolyte Ultra or the Cadence CR10 both in the 15ft length.
Has any one used these? opinions please. I would be using the rod for the chub and roach in my local river.

rob48

Reaction score
I've got a 14' Ultra and a 15' Cadence #1. Assuming that the the 15' ultra is not too dissimilar to the 14 I'd take the Cadence every time.
Which river is your local?

chipbuttee

Reaction score
I've got a 14' Ultra and a 15' Cadence #1. Assuming that the the 15' ultra is not too dissimilar to the 14 I'd take the Cadence every time.
Which river is your local?
The Waveney and Wensum but also fish the Avon as we regularly visit Alcester area in Warwickshire.

Last edited:

rob48

Reaction score
I fish the Avon and it's one of the places I use the Cadence rod, together with the Severn and Trent.
I prefer it because it's stiffer in the middle with a crisper tip action than the Drennan rod, which I find beneficial for line control and hitting bites, and it's better for stopping some of those big chub that show up around Bidford and Marcliff. It's also more versatile as it will handle .08 hooklengths on tougher days and 5gram bolo floats on the lower Severn.

peterjg

Reaction score
I have the 14ft Ultra and the 15ft Cadence #0 - both nice rods but the Ultra is lighter.

chipbuttee

Reaction score
Thanks Gents. Sorry for the delay in responding after a bit of a wait I was able to get an opportunity to handle a Cadence 14ft then took the plunge and bought the 15ft . I am glad I did extremely pleased with it.