Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Unused brand new never been set up
£120 including courier costs, to pick up £110
Drennan Power Barbel 12ft 2lb with Padded & Embroidered Sleeve

Advertising
Light , well balanced and a perfect power play shock absorber, this excellent blank is equally at home on small rivers or big waters like the Trent or Severn. designed to fish the increasingly popular and successful modified carp style, the Drennan Power Barbel will handle big leads or feeders and has exceptional reserves of power for extracting big fish from snaggy swims. the large diameter guides improve distance casting and reduce the problem of weed and debris build up in floodwater conditions.
26" EVA handle - Fuji DPS reel seat - Full SiC guides and powerful isotope.

Last edited:

J K

Reaction score
Fred, It's free listing today on ebay.

"We’re pleased to announce that this Sunday 15 November, private sellers who list item(s) at any starting price in an eligible category using the auction format on eBay.co.uk and eBay.ie, will not pay an insertion fee*."

Bluenose

Reaction score
You should ebay today Fred, it's a free listing day.

(Does that mean you might save 10p or so?)

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Fred,

I would start the rod off at the Minimum, but, i would put a reserve price on it instead.

It gets people bidding and enquiring, if they ask what the reserve price is, just tell them.

Then, post their question and your answer on to your items page.

Good Luck.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Full EVA handle? Single legged rings?

Doubt you'll get £15 for it Fred. I'll take it off your hands for £25 including postage, but only as a favour to you, Fred. Anyone else and I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, but I know you need the money for a bunch of flowers for the wife this Christmas so I don't mind helping out.
;);):wh

If you turn my offer down - best of luck selling it! :)

On second thoughts, how can you? How can you possibly sell a fishing rod? I mean, sell the wife on the white slave markets of Chad etc, but NOT, NEVER a fishing ROD! They're irreplaceable, ask Peter Jacobs!

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Ah! You should never sell prizes, Fred. You're selling off your good luck, the bit that brought you the prize in the first place.

I usually give them away (cough, cough!) or lend them out on permanent loan. That way I'm not profiteering from my good luck, see?

(And that's a very honest answer! No joking this time. I recently loaned out a cracking Blue Diamond float rod, was £135 worth, to a friend who's just starting and I get it back on three conditions -
  • He gives up fishing
  • He buys a better one and no longer needs it
  • He dies - hope his wife knows about this.)

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
If i had the money Fred i would buy it off you straight away, they make great Margin Rods and brilliant Floater fishing Rods.

Oh well, perhaps i will get another one like that some day.