Drennan super tench float rod, sale or swap

LongMan

Classic tench fishing rod, a modern version of it. Not sure which mk it is 4 maybe 5 ?? It's 12'9" 3 piece, with fuji dps hood type reel seat, original sectional rod bag, in excellent condition.
£75 + post, with no offers, or swap for a quality pike rod.....

tigger

If your rods a super tench rod then I think you'll find someone's replaced the sliding reel holders with the fuji one. It usually states the model along with the line rating etc on the rod.

Tee-Cee

Try the rod bag....................I have one and it's written in large letters on the side of the bag......................unless it's a Chinese copy (!)

Black letters on silver bag, and in English....okay?

tigger

Looks original to me....still can't see a "mk" anywhere though...
I have a super tench rod and it has sliding reel holders and large grapics on it "super tench" plus the line ratings etc in smaller graphics.
Something sounds a little odd Longman...where did you get it from ?

tigger

No doubt it's a super tench lol, but the reel seats deffo been added by one of it's owners.

LongMan

No doubt it's a super tench lol, but the reel seats deffo been added by one of it's owners.
Ok. Thanks for that tigger:)
How old is it though? And what mk?
Cheers. Scott.
Ps. If it's and oldy I am likely to keep it....spring tench are good fun!!

tigger

Ok. Thanks for that tigger:)
How old is it though? And what mk?
Cheers. Scott.
Ps. If it's and oldy I am likely to keep it....spring tench are good fun!!
I think it was drennans second tench rod so it is quite early. Someone else will probably be able to tell you the year/years it was produced for sure but i'd say it would be mid nineties. I do know it was their higest priced tench rod. I have one I use for troting for barbel ...

Crackin rods !

Oh, forgot to say the super tench wasn't numberd, it was just "the super tench rod". I think the next model to come out was the MKIII also with sliding reels holders but the later MKIII's had fuji screw down reel seats.

Last edited: