Drennan super tench float rod, sale or swap

LongMan

Reaction score
Classic tench fishing rod, a modern version of it. Not sure which mk it is 4 maybe 5 ?? It's 12'9" 3 piece, with fuji dps hood type reel seat, original sectional rod bag, in excellent condition.
£75 + post, with no offers, or swap for a quality pike rod.....

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If your rods a super tench rod then I think you'll find someone's replaced the sliding reel holders with the fuji one. It usually states the model along with the line rating etc on the rod.

LongMan

Reaction score
Looks original to me....still can't see a "mk" anywhere though...

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Try the rod bag....................I have one and it's written in large letters on the side of the bag......................unless it's a Chinese copy (!)

Black letters on silver bag, and in English....okay?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks original to me....still can't see a "mk" anywhere though...

I have a super tench rod and it has sliding reel holders and large grapics on it "super tench" plus the line ratings etc in smaller graphics.
Something sounds a little odd Longman...where did you get it from ?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No doubt it's a super tench lol, but the reel seats deffo been added by one of it's owners.

LongMan

Reaction score
No doubt it's a super tench lol, but the reel seats deffo been added by one of it's owners.

Ok. Thanks for that tigger:)
How old is it though? And what mk?
Cheers. Scott.
Ps. If it's and oldy I am likely to keep it....spring tench are good fun!!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for that tigger:)
How old is it though? And what mk?
Cheers. Scott.
Ps. If it's and oldy I am likely to keep it....spring tench are good fun!!

I think it was drennans second tench rod so it is quite early. Someone else will probably be able to tell you the year/years it was produced for sure but i'd say it would be mid nineties. I do know it was their higest priced tench rod. I have one I use for troting for barbel ...

2tes.jpg

Crackin rods !

Oh, forgot to say the super tench wasn't numberd, it was just "the super tench rod". I think the next model to come out was the MKIII also with sliding reels holders but the later MKIII's had fuji screw down reel seats.

Last edited: