electric carp barrows

Rickrod

Reaction score
A angler on my local lake who has a bad back and other problems uses a electric golf trolly he says its spot on for the job.And its not a easy lake to get around

Reaction score
barrow

Thanks for info will look into it

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

Thank you did not consider a golfing trolly but will look into it

stuart mitchell

Reaction score

vberjr1

Reaction score
Many of the electric golf trolleys are three wheeled, they have the third wheel for stability.You will find a second hand one on ebay for much less than £299. Some have what they call 36 hole batteries, that is 2 rounds of golf or about 7or 8 miles of battery life, that should be enough to reach most pegs and return. Most fold right down to be able to easily fit into car boot.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
The powa walker is a great piece of kit for anyone who has trouble carrying their gear such as me. I used it for the first time at Clattercote last week and I was impressed, very impressed, having loaded it with more than I would normally take (just because I could) I just turned the power up and off it went all on its own and me walking behind admiring the scenery and guiding it, so simple and a godsend for me. It folds down very easily into a size that would fit almost any boot excepting a formula 1 car and is very stable even on a bit of rough ground.

Graham Marsden sang its praises to me for a long time before I eventually succumbed but I am so glad I did because now I can go back to the places that had become too far to walk with my tacke. Would I recommend one? You bet your sweet bippy I would, worth £300 of anyones money and even the match anglers are using them now so you won't feel out of place anywhere.

Reaction score
Thanks every one for your comments yes i am not going for golf trolley but considering Graham suggestion the powa walker but considering the three wheel version any one got any more views on this.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks every one for your comments yes i am not going for golf trolley but considering Graham suggestion the powa walker but considering the three wheel version any one got any more views on this.

Having seen GM's 3 wheel Powa-walker I'm going for that option myself as it looks to be more stable and all you have to do is simply steer it.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Before anyone asks I bought my Powa-walker with hard cash; it wasn't a freebie for review.

The two wheel version is very good but the three wheel version is better as it takes all the weight and you only have to steer it.

What you have to consider though, with any trolley or barrow, is where you're going to use it. They're not much cop on rough terrain. They're no good in long grass, very rough or soggy meadows or anywhere where you have lots of fences and stiles to cross, for the unloading and re-loading would be more mither than it's worth. And that rules out most rivers.

They're great for anywhere with reasonably even terrain and no fences or stiles, and they're a must-have for anyone who is infirm or elderly. Expensive yes, but no more expensive than a quality seatbox, a set of bite alarms, a pair of good carp rods, etc.

r1paul

Reaction score
I just had a look at the carp porter site , I have all but given up the long stay ( 2or 3 day ) carp sessions , because I can`t hack the loads of gear that I need , it just knackers me now .
Had a look at the Power Porter MK3 , but at over £500 it`s not quite good enough , I would think about it if it had 3 wheels , but then it would be a quad bike , which would be the D.B`s.:cool: