English rivers

mikench

Reaction score
Does anyone fish the Humber, the Tyne and the Mersey and is fishing good and with quality fish. I ask because I don't recall many reports of catches on these rivers unlike the Trent, Severn, Wye, Ouse, Ribble,Stour etc.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Does anyone fish the Humber, the Tyne and the Mersey and is fishing good and with quality fish. I ask because I don't recall many reports of catches on these rivers unlike the Trent, Severn, Wye, Ouse, Ribble,Stour etc.
The Mersey around warrington is good, it's on the WAA card, some good silvers and bream coming out to feeder and long rod tactics.
The match record on there is 75lb I think.
The allotment stretch on kingsway is a good spot.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Mersey around warrington is good, it's on the WAA card, some good silvers and bream coming out to feeder and long rod tactics.
The match record on there is 75lb I think.
The allotment stretch on kingsway is a good spot.

Mike has stretch of the mersey on his paas book. I think it has a large head of roach, perch and bream with some of everything else!

sam vimes

Reaction score
The Humber isn't really a river, more an estuary for the Ouse and Trent systems plus the river Hull. If you want reports on the Humber, you're best off looking to sea anglers.

The Tyne does have some decent coarse fishing, but it's largely considered as a game fishery. It doesn't help that the coarse fishing took a dive and is only recently showing good signs of recovery.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Mike has stretch of the mersey on his paas book. I think it has a large head of roach, perch and bream with some of everything else!
I was fishing it with a few others before half of warrington realized there were fish in it, people thought we were mad There is a salmon ladder at woolston weir,
It runs through council land so available on day ticket, WAA dont do day tickets ,so you can tell the bailiff to politely go away.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was fishing it with a few others before half of warrington realized there were fish in it, people thought we were mad There is a salmon ladder at woolston weir,
It runs through council land so available on day ticket, WAA dont do day tickets ,so you can tell the bailiff to politely go away.

Yes of course, i'm always poilite, my middle name is etiquette ? ?.

SLM???