Environment Agency Serves Suspension Notice Following Trent Cyanide Pollution

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Is this the company? -

Red Industries, Ltd. engages in the collection, management, and disposal of hazardous waste. Its services include environmental consultancy, land remediation, drummed waste and bulk waste collections, on-site laboratory analysis, flammable solids recycling, electronic documentation delivery, chemical treatment and synthesis, and contaminated land remediation. The company's services also include asbestos disposal, solvent processing and recovery, sorting of laboratory smalls, waste stabilization, site survey and consultation, and oil recovery/recycling, as well as aerosols de-packing, destruction, and recycling. Red Industries Ltd. was formerly known as Grayrise Solutions Limited and changed its name to Red Industries, Ltd. in 2006. Red Industries, Ltd. was founded in 2004 and is based in Stoke-on Trent, the United Kingdom.

RED INDUSTRIES LIMITED
SNEYD HILL
BURSLEM
STOKE ON TRENT
STAFFORDSHIRE
ST6 2DZ
Accounting Reference Date: 31/12
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2008 (SMALL)
Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2010
Last Return Made Up To: 09/08/2008
Next Return Due: 06/09/2009 OVERDUE

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
I can but hope Spiders!

This news absolutely sickens me, I've been delighted at the gradual improvement of the Trent over the last few years and the clarity has been unbelievable this season - much to the dismay of some anglers but to my great pleasure . However there is still much to be done and many pollutants and fertilisers still plague the river. An incident like this is just wrong on so many levels, and doesn't so much reverse many years work by many people as s**t all over it. The company responsible make a lot of fuss about being good to the environment on their website and their mission statement makes the claim that:

'We will become the UK's most valued company to customers, colleagues, investors, business partners, environment and the communities where we work and live.'

So what value do they have? maybe their buildings will make good firewood, perhaps the people responsible will make excellent rubby dubby and barbel baits if appropriately slaughtered and ground down, maybe it would give me and thousands of other anglers great enjoyment to see them hung drawn and quartered. Perhaps these are harsh words, but then perhaps ruining an entire ecological system is a little harsh too.

If anyone would like to give these people a few encouraging words on how to run their business in future their website is: http://www.redindustries.co.uk/index.html

And their real world address is:
Sneyd Hill
Burslem
Stoke-on Trent
Staffordshire
ST6 2DZ

Tel: 01782 824026
Fax: 01782 824027

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Red Industries 'Vision' -

"Values

To achieve our Purpose and Mission, we affirm our values of Integrity, Innovation, Leadership, Performance, Teamwork, Customer Focus, Respect for People, Community and Environment."

And -
"Environment

Red believes that good business performance and good environmental performance are inextricably linked. We therefore wish to stimulate and maintain a high degree of environmental awareness both inside and outside the company. The way we manage and operate our processes and minimise waste, the way we use energy efficiently and conserve our resources, the way we protect wildlife around our sites, are all examples of our commitment – and a normal part of our daily business."

Doesn't look like it's worked. :mad::mad::mad:

dezza

Reaction score
Under the contact section of their website, I have sent a message to their CEO.

Briefly it tells of my own disgust at their actions and hope that the CEO and board is prosecuted and sentenced to long terms of imprisonment and that the name of their company will in future be regarded as a pariah amongst British Industry!

Last edited:

J K

Reaction score
This is their environmental policy taken from their website. The bold italics are mine.

Environmental Policy
Page 1 of 1
Red Industries is committed to the management of its environmental affairs in a
caring and responsible manner.
The Company recognises its role in the protection of the environment and under
this policy seeks to ;
• Comply with all applicable legislation and good environmental practice
• Improve Environmental performance by setting objectives and targets
and review regularly
• Regularly evaluate its activities to achieve improvements in overall
environmental performance

• Provide training to employees to achieve a high degree of environmental
awareness

• Develop and maintain activities to protect and enhance the environment
and prevent pollution

Identify environmental risks and aspects and use all practical measures to
bring these down
• Reduce our impact upon the environment by using energy efficiently and
conserving resources
• Operate a policy of openness with third parties
• Ensure that all suppliers and contractors operate to the same
environmental standards as Red Industries.
• This policy is situated on notice boards throughout the organisation and on
the Company’s website www.redindustries.co.uk
The ultimate responsibility for environmental performance lies with the
Managing Director who will ensure that it is given equal priority with other
major business objectives.
Implementation of this policy is a line management responsibility at all levels
together with participation of all employees.
Adam Share Managing Director Signature …………………………………………

The bad one

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of environmental greenwash of big Business!
Words, words, words for public consumption!

The reality is get away with whatever we can at the lowest cost greatest profit for us attitude!

A

alan whittington

This incident must lead to massive legal action against the company concerned and custodial sentancing MUST take place else the company will liquidate,no fine will be paid and no punishment taken,anything less would be a total travesty.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just sent an email to Red Industries asking for a quotation as follows:

Hello

URGENT

Please quote me price and delivery for restoration of fish stocks and wildlife and decontamination of the River Trent.

Yours disgusted

MC

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Some of these haz. waste disposal companies are a menace. A great many are basically scrap merchants who've seen £ signs in their eyes. I'm not making any allegation about Red Industries, but I've read about these people containerising their waste and sending it abroad, putting it on ships which they then scuttle, and finding any means of not actually dealing with the waste legally.
Let's see who goes to jail for this.

CAT

Reaction score
I have just e-mailed the B******S to say what i think of their company and its inadequate contamination controls but we should all get ourselves up there and show them we mean business cos If you mess with our fish then your messing with us fishermen!

Dumping a ton of dead poisoned fish on their own door step would be good for starters!

YOU SHALL RESPECT OUR RIVER!!!!!!

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
Funny you should say that CAT, I was chatting with a friend about posting them some frozen deadbaits (with the packaging removed of course so they look like wild fish). Tomorrow when my local tackle shop opens I will be buying not pike bait but ammunition from their freezer. I would use fish from the Trent itself but I am too far downstream of the pollution for it to have reached me and killed anything (thank God!). However I feel extremely strongly about this, how its made the staffordshire lot feel I can only imagine!

Is there anything we can all do together (legally of course) to really bring these ***** to their knees? suggestions anyone?

A

alan whittington

Fin as i posted earlier in this thread,unless those responsable are imprisoned the company will go to the wall(under the weight of the fine)and not a sole will be punished,lets be honest i havnt heard a lot from the houses of parliement either.One thing i must say is that if i went out and poured cyanide over a dog in the street i would be arrested and locked up(and rightly so),but when a shower of s**t kill many thousands(millions probably)of fish and i take it mammals,birds and millions of insects and invertabrates people are still walking,this country is bloody disgusting and perhaps it would be better left to the eastern europeans to finish it off.:mad:

Last edited:

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I spoke to my post lady yesterday.
Guess what?

The talk among her fellow workers was," if only I had voted in the ballot, we may have a job in the future"!

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

Page 8 Sunday Times, Fines Fail to stop river polluters

the theme gets nearly half a page but, no mention of petition!

Mark Lloyd and Anglers Trust get's a quote though.