ESP Hooks

P

Paul Hiom

Anyone else have problems with the hook point blunting on the T6s.They maybe good for carp fishing pop ups or when burying the hook into meat, but fished on a hair in a river , i have found that they just dont stand up to the abuse when they come into contact with gravel etc.

Attachments

• 4752.jpg
    4752.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 105
C

Carp Angler

I don't use ESP hooks because of that very reason. They have tried so hard to make the hooks ultra sharp that by doing so they seem to have made the points too thin, hence they bend over too easily.
We all want ultra sharp but I think it needs to be a compromise with durability.

C

Chris Dodge

Hi Paul.
I've been using the Barbless T6's with a hair, on a river, and have had a few blunted points. However I can't say yet if they are any worse than other makes and have assumed it's occurred when I've pulled out of snags. I'll keep an eye on it. I also use F*x series 2b's and can recommend them if you want something a bit thinner, having used them for two seasons without any problems.

C

Carp Angler

Nashy does a hook like the F** 2, but its got an offset shank, I think its called the Twista, supposedly stronger than the 2....

M

Mike Fidler

Paul, take a look at trevor's Partridge Double T hooks or if not the good old continental bolies, I use them all the time.