Evesham fishing

steve2

Reaction score
After much discussion the Evesham area as moved to the top of my wifes places to buy our new home.
Does any one on here live in the area.
What’s the fishing like round that way, and what clubs are there to join?

bezzer

Reaction score
A BAA (Birmingham) book would be a good one to get. You have miles of the Warwickshire Avon locally and the Severn is within half an hour as well.

silvers

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

it all depends on what your preferences are ... and how far you want to travel.
Evesham river itself is a hard nut to crack but there are good fish, especially in winter.
Twyford farm (just upstream) had some cracking weights of bream first week of the season.
local commercials include manor farm leisure and moorlands farm is also close.
The middle severn is only 30 minutes drive ... and bits of the lower river similar.
there are also productive canal sections reasonably close.
as per Bezzer, BAA membership is a good shout.
There are still a lot of chub in the upper Avon (I’m more familiar with this part) and whilst not as prolific as forty years ago ... the fish are somewhat larger, with four pounders relatively common on match tactics.

steve2

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies.
At the moment I have to drive at least an hour for most of my fishing, when I go that is, so any where within 30 minutes is ideal.

theartist

Reaction score
I'm happy to drive 2hrs to get to the BAA stretches of the Warks Avon which says it all really, it's a cracking river full of all the species and offering different types of fishing from river tench to chub, roach, bream, perch, pike and barbel too but by steering clear of the barbel bits and the heavily fished match sections there's quite a lot of under fished areas unlike Evesham itself which can get quite busy.

This blog post from a few weeks back shows the chub sport on offer.

Trotting Pellet For Chub - Warwickshire Avon Magic

Andydj

Reaction score
After much discussion the Evesham area as moved to the top of my wifes places to buy our new home.
Steve. Why not ask Des Taylor on his online forum. If he can't help you I don't know who can.

Andydj

Reaction score
Des Taylor Angling 11k members. Someone can help!

steve2

Reaction score
Thanks for that. We will put our names down with few estate agent and see whats in our price range.

Andydj

Reaction score
Thanks for that. We will put our names down with few estate agent and see whats in our price range.
You know about the online Rightmove and Zoopla sites I assume? You will get a very good idea about prices on there.
Pretty much everything ends up on there. You may even find the perfect house at the click of a button. Good luck to you both.

steve2

Reaction score
Does any one know of any holiday cottages in the area that we can rent for a week or two so we can check out the area.