Favourite presenter on youtube

Crystal Bend

Reaction score
Artificial Flight
Mark Erdwin
Angling Escapades - Dave Roberts
Cadence - Alan Barnes, Paul Kozyra
Drennan - Alan Scotthorne,
Catch More Media - Alex Bates, Rory Jones, Alan Taylor, Scott Geens, Denis White, Cathal Hughes
Fallon's Angler
Fishing with Geoff Cooper
Canal Fishing - Jason Cunningham
Andrew's Knots

Last edited:

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I have never watched you tube fishing vids, whether how to fish or product endorsement.
I used to watch Jack Hargreaves on tv, that was a brilliant programme.
Then there was the Matt Hayes, Mick Brown, John Wilson Programmes, not forgetting the Fishing Race and go fishing with Jack Charlton.
I personally know two of the you tube presenters named on here,and met most of the others,who all came across as decent blokes.
Of the two I know, One is at the top of his game, but no airs n Grace's and a great bloke.
The other is basically a tosser, cant take personal criticism without throwing toys from his pram, and not just from me, has been known to be a bit of a bully to other anglers,
Lies through his teeth for his own agenda, as I found out when my name was mentioned, Fortunatly a few other anglers knew what had happened and he was made to look a fool. He was lucky he did not go for a swim when I next saw him.
I’m shocked you haven’t watched YouTube fishing videos!
The Matrix submerged series are developing into a must watch, for instance.
So much great stuff on there in my humble opinion!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I search out Mark Wintle on youtube, watching his progress in film making is interesting, I'm enjoying his forays into underwater filming.
On the whole most of the vids I see, I rarely get to halfway. The music some presenters chose to blast us with is not to my liking but that's another thing.
Underwater filming is proving more of a challenge than I envisaged; algal blooms, dirty water and waters that I thought would clear yet haven't have all presented too much of a challenge. One incredibly clear water in Dorset is no longer available but given better weather I shall keep trying.

Generally there's been a lot to learn on editing and filming. I'm trying to get a cameraman - off in a moment for a second attempt with a cameraman after last week's hiccups.

Having a camera handy is useful; last evening watching TV when our local fox came into the garden and had a good play and I got some footage, just need to edit it.

My series on stick floats is coming on with a lot of editing to do for the next part (4).

This was the last part: Stick floats - part 3

rayner

Reaction score
I’m shocked you haven’t watched YouTube fishing videos!
The Matrix submerged series are developing into a must watch, for instance.
So much great stuff on there in my humble opinion!

Don't be too shocked by Marks not seeing youtube.
I refused to view any angling on film be that video, TV or youtube being happy with my own efforts. It's only since the dirty lockdown I've felt the need
for giving youtube a chance being unable to risk getting to any waters. The angling bug is starting to bite.
Truthfully I can enjoy only two presenters on youtube they are Jamie Harrison, mostly because of his Southfield reservoir matches Southfield was one of my favourite venues.
Also with Mark Wintle for his trotting films, because in my Trent days trotting was my favourite method, I also prefer his laid back approach to filming with no advertising. A little longer episodes would be preferable for me if you can manage it Mark. ;)

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Talking of Matrix, I have heard they might being taken over , not sure who by though.
I’m quite shocked to hear that, they appear to be on the crest of a wave at the moment with excellent consultants and, while I’ve only got a handful of items, very good quality gear.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Don't be too shocked by Marks not seeing youtube.
I refused to view any angling on film be that video, TV or youtube being happy with my own efforts. It's only since the dirty lockdown I've felt the need
for giving youtube a chance being unable to risk getting to any waters. The angling bug is starting to bite.
Truthfully I can enjoy only two presenters on youtube they are Jamie Harrison, mostly because of his Southfield reservoir matches Southfield was one of my favourite venues.
Also with Mark Wintle for his trotting films, because in my Trent days trotting was my favourite method, I also prefer his laid back approach to filming with no advertising. A little longer episodes would be preferable for me if you can manage it Mark. ;)
Each to their own, Jamie Harrison isn’t my favourite but I still watch most of his shows and I’m yet to discover Mark Wintle but I’ll check him out.