Feeder fishing - What to buy?

sheffields12

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So, i gained a free feeder rod and a decent reel to go with it.

I've only ever fished using a rod and float (waggler) and I tend to stick to the usual baits maggot, caster, corn, meat.

So I'm wanting to head out this weekend with my new rod and try some feeder fishing. Watched a few video's and it seems pretty simple however I have no gear for it!

Looking around and there's quite a lot of stuff, so I'm here to get some advice from the experts as to exactly what I need to buy! Obviously I'd be better going to a shop and asking there, but I'm not going to get chance to head into a shop in time.

I'll be fishing usual maggots if that's a good option? I don't know much about ground bait etc. I'm not exactly targeting large carp, so a good option for a mixture of fish would be good, as long as I catch something it's a bonus! :)

chrissh

Reaction score
If it’s a commercial
The inline method feeder are good for mixed fisheries with a mix of micro & 2mm pellets of use a cloud mix fish a 4” hook length either a banded 8-10mm pellet or dumbbell, you could tip it off with a maggot
Or use a in line maggot feeder fish the same as the method feeder set up

is it Aston your fishing

sheffields12

Reaction score
If it’s a commercial
The inline method feeder are good for mixed fisheries with a mix of micro & 2mm pellets of use a cloud mix fish a 4” hook length either a banded 8-10mm pellet or dumbbell, you could tip it off with a maggot
Or use a in line maggot feeder fish the same as the method feeder set up

is it Aston your fishing
Hey,

Yeah, Aston is where i usually tend to go.

if possible could you post some links of what I need to buy? I'm really clueless and the word beginner is probably too advanced for me! :eek:mg:

chrissh

Reaction score