Feeder Rods

S

stephen bundy

I'm looking to replace my old diawa feeder rod this summer and wonder whats the best make and model to replace it with. I'm looking for a medium to heavy rod that cast up to 4oz for genral fishing on mixed lakes any help would be very greatful.

D

David Will

I can heartily recommend the Daiwa TDSL 120AHT.This is a 12FT MEDIUM/HEAVY feeder rod with two push in tips.I use a pair for all my Roach and Perch fishing with heavy maggot feeders and for Tench in waters that are not too heavily weeded.The heavier tip is ideal for this.
RRP is ?150.00 , but shop around as they are discounted to ?115.00.They are good with light hooklengths but have l;ots of reserve for bigger fish.I suspect they would also be a good Chub rod but have yet to try them in this application.Do not be put off by the tag big river rod which DAIWA have given them.

P

Phil Husselbury

Stephen,

I can recommend the Browning Advance super feeder. It has a price tag of 250 but Chapman's Tackle were selling them for 99. Chapman's number is 01724 862585.
Hopefully they'll have a few left. You can fish it at 11ft for stillwater bream fishing and at 13ft for rivers. It has four tips for varying conditions and it's a cracking piece of kit. Have caught chub, roach, perch and carp on mine. A fine rod.