Fens Pools Dudley

pafenttiman

Reaction score
Hi. I'm planning on spending next season on these pools.. I've emailed the ranger for this venue but he doesnt appear to be able to fill me in on what I can expect here, apart from good Roach and Carp. Does anyone else have any knowledge of the three lakes. I'm hoping to get into the specimen side of fishing again rather than general. Its on my doorstep.

The ranger did inform me that he was not aware of any undesirables causing problems around the pools, though I know this was a problem in the past.

pafenttiman

Reaction score
Ok, appears nobody seems familiar with this venue. I did have further feedback from the warden, and it seems he does not have a great deal of info on the venue regards the specimen potential.:(

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
naffa: Where are these pools located?

Buckpool and Fens Pool Nature Reserve
off Pensnett Road
Dudley
West Midlands
DY5 4NE

pafenttiman: Ok, appears nobody seems familiar with this venue. I did have further feedback from the warden, and it seems he does not have a great deal of info on the venue regards the specimen potential.

I'm told they both used to hold some big pike, apparently the water was used to cool the foundries that were based there and the warmth of the water encouraged heavy feeding. I've never fished them, but there's a bit more info on the council website. Can't guarentee on how friendly the natives are if your fishing alone.