Fishin

G

Goose Ganderton

I dont seem to be able to find the Roach fishin thread I take it that it was removed after Paul buggered it up with his picture. So whats the score lads is it on or off. It would be just great to kick off the new year with a 3 Ib red fin.

P

Paul Williams

Goose you're right i can't find it either, yep i think we are all still up for the roach "do", at the mo it is still looking like Oxford area, once Christmas is sorted we should be able to sort it very quickly.

C

Carp Angler

I still reckon Christchurch at Linch Hill is the best bet.

G

Goose Ganderton

Here we go again. Now lads I am well into my second bottle of Merlot tonight and I just had a thought why don't we all get together and have a big Roach fish-in. What bdo you think, maybe a nice lake or pit somewhere around the Oxford Reading or maybe Hampshire if thats not to far for the boys in the north. Sometime after xmas would be good for me. Sod it the bottle's empty, never mind got anover couple of cases.

P

peter webber

I went fishing today down the river medway at yalding. I had 2 bream biggest 4.25lbs and 2 roach going just passed the 2lb mark pluss 3 more 1.5 - 2lb.
Am I happy? TOO RIGHT I AM.

G

Goose Ganderton

Nice one Peter or should I say 7. I really must have a few sessions down there with you in the new year if your offer is still on. Was that at Yalding?.
Did you see last weeks AM ? a guy from Chatham had a 4Ib 10oz Perch from Allington locks. It didn't look that big in the paper but then photo?s can be deceptive but if he was right what a clonking great fish I?ll have me some of that. Do you know who controls the water at Allington and when shall we go :)

P

peter webber

GOOSE just let me know when you want to go and i'll make time. YES it was yalding just up from the weir.
RE: the perch, yes a very nice fish and its free fishing from ALLINGTON lock (its the first freshwater lock ) right up untill you pass through Maidstone.
In the summer there are some big carp for the taking just up from the lock. As it says in the mail the Maidstone stretch is very good ( behind the courts ) for roach and bream bags in the winter as is the pike fishing.

P

Philip Inzani

Pete, that sounds like a great catch! Where you upstream or downstream of the weir ?
I am going to be in London over xmas and I would not mind a bash after the Medway Roach on one of the days.
I have fished at Yalding but it was years ago..whats the ticket situation like there now ? ..Is it day ticket or club card and where can I get them etc etc. Any info is appreciated.

Any other info would also be apprecaited...I think I kjnow the weir you mention

P

peter webber

PHILIP I was up stream of the weir just before the bridge of the boat yard. I was using 3 maggots on a size 16 hook on the feeder. Ground bait was a roach groundbait ( i forget the name but i'll get it for you ), a bag of brown bread crumb then I added a tin of sweetcorn ( liquidised ), a cup of crushed carp pellets and a cup of baby milk powder. Fishing close in I started by putting 4 orange sized balls of groundbait in then I used a fairly large feeder. The hook length was about 2ft long. You can fish just over the bridge but some one was there allready when I got there. Its free fishing from the weir up to the club sign (about 850 yds) then you can fish on a day ticket which you can get on the bank. If you need more info just let me know.....

P

Philip Inzani

Peter, brilliant thanks, I will give it a bash over xmas even if its just for a couple of hours between the Turkey and Xmas Pud!

P

peter webber

philip one more thing i used red maggots with turmeric put on the night before.
good luck

P

peter webber

Goose / Philip I hope to be going on the 27th dec if your intrested maybe we can meet up?

G

Goose Ganderton

Not sure about 27th Pete by could maybe do 28th. I'll let you know.

N

Neil Wayte

Just to let you guys know that Lynchhill did a 3lb8oz and a 3lb9oz this last week or maybe I shouldn't say things like that on the net.Did some one mention big carp from a free stretch of the Medway.Went roach fishing last night no roach but did have a 2lb 15oz Crucian.

P

peter webber

I was unable to go today due to my mates car breacking down on the way to pick me up. He's getting it sorted and we will be going on friday....

G

Goose Ganderton

I'm up for a days fishing on Friday Pete where are you going and what are you after, nice plump Roach I hope. Whats the Chub like down at Yalding.

G

Goose Ganderton

I'm thinking about doing a Monday and Tuesday at Lynchill in the first couple of weeks of January anyone interested. The Roach fish-in seems to have gone off the boil after all the flooding so now that xmas is out of the way all I can think of is big Roach. so anyone else up for it.

P

peter webber

GOOSE I will be going to yalding afther the big roach. I'm told that the small stream that runs next to the medway at yalding holds some lovely chub but as yet i've not tried it.If you want to join us phone me and we can meet up there by the pub. My numbers in my profile and the best time is 6pm-8pm.

P

Paul Williams

Goose, i may be able to do a session at linch, (I'll ask carp if he's working)but remember that Willow is a "members" only water, but anyway it is being camped on this year and Christchurch may be worth a go, we could get the Roach fishin underway on there, we can always have another on a river if anyone fancies that.