Fishing adventures

graham0704

Reaction score
Its my 50th Birthday next year and the wife has offered me a fishing holiday of my choice - would like azores or guinea bissau but am strugging finding the right package (wife going along as well as a non-angler so need other activities to be available for her)

Not done any sea fishing as a general coarse angler but open to learning new skills

Can anyone advise on any specific packages for either destination or recommend alternatives.

thanks

Graham

little oik

Reaction score
There was a plug at the end of John Wilson's dream fishing programmes that did "package tours" for fishing all over the world .If I had the chance it would have to be Bone Fishing though

JasonH

Reaction score
Hi,

I am off there ( GB ) in October and can let you know how it went if that would be a help, the world sea fishing forum has a ton of info for overseas trips as well.

abborre

Reaction score
Its my 50th Birthday next year and the wife has offered me a fishing holiday of my choice - would like azores or guinea bissau but am strugging finding the right package (wife going along as well as a non-angler so need other activities to be available for her)

Not done any sea fishing as a general coarse angler but open to learning new skills

Can anyone advise on any specific packages for either destination or recommend alternatives.

thanks

Graham
hi mate i am new to this site you could try extremadura spain exellent coarse fishing but not to much for the mrs have a look at the webb site

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Graham

Depends what your wife likes doing. From the two you suggested I assume sunbathing would play a part!

Florida Keys got to be an option.

If not....

Last year I did British Columbia. Sturgeon and Salmon on the Fraser and a couple of tributaries. Most fantastic fishing I have ever experienced. Have a look on Sts Fishing Guides - Your best guides for fishing in the Fraser River get in touch with Vic Carrao if you want more info. You’ll need to be in reasonably good shape to take on the Sturgeon, it’s hard work. The Salmon runs though, if you are there at the right time, are unbelievable (I think that over 100 million run the river most years). We had a few of mornings rest from the big white things and averaged 10 each in about 3 hours (and lost about the same) fly and trotting jig heads! Mainly 12-18lbs Chums with the odd Coho at the time we were there.

Wilderness and wildlife in abundance, hospitality great, only slight problem is that they struggle to make decent beer.

Stu

richard bowler

Reaction score
Hi Graham,
In the past I've travelled abroad quite a bit fishing. The two travel operators that I can thoroughly recommend are Tailormade holiday's (Christine Slater) and Angler's world ( Martin Founds) both have provided excellent service.
All the best
Richard

- Home

martinsalter

Reaction score
Hi Graham

I'm off to Watamu in Kenya in the New Year for some serious action with sailfish and amberjacks. I first tangled with these in Oz last year and have got the bug !

I'll let you know how I get on

cheers

Martin

dezza

Reaction score
And in March I'm off to my home from home: South Africa to land a few bars of gold - yellowfish - from the Vaal river and hard fighting trout from the Drakensberg streams of Mpumalanga.

:cool:

JasonH

Reaction score
Hi,

I am off there ( GB ) in October and can let you know how it went if that would be a help, the world sea fishing forum has a ton of info for overseas trips as well.

I had completely forgotten this post, are you still interested in hearing how my trip was ?

Another vote for Christine @ Tailor Made Holidays though :)

JasonH

Reaction score
Put it on as a feature Jason preferably with as many pictures as possible, I've got a real hard sell to get it past my wife :eek:

i've sent a mail to the site asking how I can get a report up, hopefully they will get back to me, of not I'll stick them all in a post. I have many pictures, one beach shot that will seal the deal for you :)

JasonH

Reaction score
Here's a couple of pictures to whet your appetite :)

Just a couple of fish

100_0082.jpg

100_0098.jpg

View from the beachside accomodation

100_0101.jpg

100_0032.jpg

BEach opposite "our" island

100_0158.jpg