Fishing Derby

Andy Lee

Reaction score
Hi all, I only started fishing in June 2003 and class myself as a total beginner even though I have caught some fair sized fish. I usually fish at Weston Moat or Coopers arms. Next year I am joining Pride of Derby as they have some wicked ponds etc.
Anyone who lives in DERBY who knows where I can go river fishing without having club membership, can you please help as I would really like to try and catch a Barbel or a Chub before Xmas. Thanx

M

Mark Walker

I have recently moved from Derby and know that most of the rivers are owned by clubs. I would suggest a visit to the Angling Centre on Nightingale rd or Nathans of Derby in Mackworth (sorry don't know the address but look in any Match Fishing type magazine and there will be an advert) both of which i'm sure will be able to help.

D

darryl rogers

am also a member of pride and there steach of the derwent is full of chub and barbel perch and roach and is quite easy

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
Andy Lee,hi you could get a season ticket for the earl of harrington waters they have stretches on the derwent,in and around derby ,rainsway loop,borrowash area ect,details can be got at :angling centre derby 27-33 nightingale rd(of osmaston rd ,by the closed up pub)allenton derby :01332 380605 or
at :derwent tackle 2a station rd borrowash derby :01332 662379

other usefull numbers

nathen's of derby 9-19 edgeware rd derby :01332 523630

anglers corner 344 osmaston rd,allenton derby :01332 343870

S

sistino rao

how much is a season ticket for earl of harrington is they concessions for disabled?

stikflote

Reaction score
about ?10pounds and another ?10 for your key ,you can get day tickets for the derwent, from darley weir to borrowash bridge about ?3.00you have to go and get your disabled ticket from secretary at london rd derby dont know exact address,,also there is no free fishing on the derwent or any where else in derby ,sorry

D

DAN.

andy if you dont want to join a club but fancy a barbel or a chub before crimbo travel to matlock as you can fish there for day ticket money and theres some good chub here but there are a couple of barbel if you can find them but this time of year there is cracking grayling fishing just keep mobile.

Face

Reaction score
Hi Andy, I moved from Derby a few years ago so I don't know how upto date my info will be, but I suggest you try the stretch on the Derwent at Borrowash called "Chub Alley" When I last fished there day tickets were available from the tackle shop in Borrowash, try asking there for details. Not sure about barble but as the name suggests you should catch a few chub there. You will also find that the Pride ticket has some good stretches on the Derwent and Dove which should help for the barble.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Same as above Andy. There's no Trent round here on a day ticket but the Derwent through Earl of Harrington is now ?2.00 per day.

You can fish from the bridge at borrowash up to just north of the town centre somewhere.

Loads of river to try there.

Pride has got some nice waters but not on day tickets.

sis the roach

Reaction score
thanks all very much i have got a ticket and akey as yet not had chance to try it yet but just below the bridge there was some nice pegs till the waterboard pulled the trees out they said it was for flood prevention.i used to fish the chubb-alley years ago i used to get some really good nets of roach and chubb expetialy were that back water runs in that was a good peg but i dont know what its like now though

Grade -A

Reaction score
I Fish the Weston Moat Fishery Often, It has undergone a few changes over the last couple of years and the new owner seems to have really gotten their act together, there is a good head of carp, I myself have caught one at 28lbs and there is one in the lake at 37.5 lbs (2006)

They have a new website and things are starting to really look good for the place

www.westonmoatfishery.co.uk

iain clark

Reaction score
The trent at twyford is free water i am lead to beleive. There are only 2 or 3 pegs but i have had some cracking days fishing there with chub to 5 1/2 lb and barbel to just below 9 lb.

uncle meat

Reaction score
Regarding Weston Moat Fishery, I was there this summer I got there on a Sat about lunch time, the lake was booked out to a match but the Old chap who was working there said it would finish by 2pm and to hang around as it fishes good after a match because of all of the bait going in and it getting quiet afterwards things liven up late afternoon early evening. Well i am glad a waited I booked on for the night, and went and had a pint in a local pub, I got all set up on an area they call the point, I had a screaming run as I was setting up, it was a small but absolutelly perfect condition Common it was about 7Lbs. It was quiet then untill dusk but then the night from hell started, I was running left right and centre needless to say I had 9 fish through the night, usually just as I was nodding off/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifthe largest was an Common deep bodied and a lovelly bronze to it. The next day to Bailiff came around i showed him the picture and he informed me that it was a fish they call Davina. All in all I had a cracking night, a really pleasent little place, and not pressured either, if you go and have a night like I did make sure you had a good night sleep before hand