Fishing for a World Record

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Considering Hadrian Whittle has had 2100 in 5 hours and my best in a proper match is 1320 in 5 hours then 1624 in 24 hours is not that special.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Perhaps you should have a go at the Record Mark, we could have our very own FM world record holder.

mmmmmmmmmmmm, does anyone on FM hold a world record for anything ?????

Philip

Reaction score
I guess it was for charity and a bit of fun so I don’t want to knock it too much but I don’t find the number that impressive either. As a kid I used to judge my catch by the number of fish I caught (as we all did I guess) and I seem to recall catching 465 tiny Rudd in 2 or 3 hours from from Hordle lakes down south way. I was absolutely chuffed even through most would have struggled to make an ounce.

Out of interest I had my own very strict rules as a kid as to what constituted a “proper” fish…minnows and sticklebacks for example did not count ! …it had to be Roach, Rudd, Perch, that sort of thing....which was a shame as I also had some "awesome" ;-) catches of minnows back then !

...Nowadays I am happy to catch just 1 !

Last edited:

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I suppose anyone in the right place at the right time can have a Red Letter day.

But try to catch fish by design, sit down on any given day at try to catch over 1600 fish, that is slightly more difficult.

So if you don't think it's that impressive, get in touch with Guinness world records, and try and beat it.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
mmmmmmmmmmmm, does anyone on FM hold a world record for anything ?????

It's probably been bettered several times over by now, but about 14 years ago Angling Times reckoned I must hold the record for the most double figure bream caught in the shortest time. I had 13 in two hours.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Wow, that is very impressive, can i ask, were you targeting the bream???

Oh, and i have started a thread called FM record holders in Bait Box (i think)

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Yes, I was fishing for big bream. They were caught on caster, float fishing from a boat. I would have caught more but ran out of bait.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Can you remember what the biggest of them weighed?

One double figure Bream would have me over joyed, but 13 in 2 hours, i think i would faint :D

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
More than that Stealph, He has THE touch, his very own.

You have to read this and believe it!

----------------------------------------

Unusually, I enjoyed this film. Firstly, the guy is a good talker, clear and enjoyable to listen to. Second, for an American fishing whip/pole methods it's something differnt for them and he's got all the "match" gear! Lastly, yes it was for charity so good on him.

Nice location too.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
So, sod buying loads of expensive rods, reels, tackle, buy the cheapest i can get and then spend the rest of the money on getting GRAHAM to bless them for me :D

Philip

Reaction score
I suppose anyone in the right place at the right time can have a Red Letter day.

But try to catch fish by design, sit down on any given day at try to catch over 1600 fish, that is slightly more difficult.

So if you don't think it's that impressive, get in touch with Guinness world records, and try and beat it.

Well I didn’t say it was easy…I just think its less than I would have imagined for a “Guinness world record” …1600 fish in 24 hours …66 fish per hour…I recon quite a few posters on here could better that….of course you need to pick the water carefully but if size or total weight is not the driver then I think its do-able.

Hey maybe Fishing magic would sponsor such an attempt ? ….having “Guinness world record holders” stamped somewhere on the site must be worth something ? …

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

...btw I forgot to mention...I remeber that Bream catch by Graham ....never mind 14 years ago...thats "gobsmacking" today or in any era...on the float too...

Last edited: