Fishing for Perch

Reemul

Reaction score
So I have never fished for Perch and my son wants to. Couple of the lakes I can fish has them so any advice for catching them would be appreciated

tommos16

Reaction score
If you have the set up, dropshotting with lobworms for them is deadly. All depends what access you get to likely looking spots. If there's no good spots, you can create one with chopped worms/maggots and then fish the dropshot rod over them close in. I catch them under my feet 99% of the time, its a very "vertical" method of fishing

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dropshot, float or leger, it’s worms all the way. Plus generous handfuls of maggots to bring in the small fish that hopefully will attract the stripeys.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
So I have never fished for Perch and my son wants to. Couple of the lakes I can fish has them so any advice for catching them would be appreciated
Dont forget the margins, float fish , piece of worm or prawn on hook, chopped worm or prawn and predator plus liquid as feed.
Or half lobworm on decent hook again using chopped worm and predator plus as feed.or as John has said maggots to attract as well, you can also chop maggots up ,this releases the attractants in them

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Simple floatfishing with maggots on a 20 or 18 will get you perch on Creekmoor. Loose feed a dozen maggots every 5 minutes and fish just off the bottom. WARNING - you will catch eels....

dorsetsteve

Reaction score
Float rod is probably the easiest way as above.
My favourite way to catch Perch however, is spinning. A simple 5g me pod or similar spinner. Half a dozen casts in every swim you can cast and present it. It’s incredible what you find. And highly addictive.!