Fishing goals and ambitions this year

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Mostly to try to get out more but also will be trying for an Avington double as it has eluded me for the last 2 seasons.

On the coarse front a few big Hampshire Avon roach are always a welcome bonus as are some decent dace.

nottskev

Reaction score
To get out more, to catch more fish than Gordon and to enjoy fishing whether I blank or not. ???

To meet up with Kev for some barbel or tench.

You're always welcome to come down, Mike.

Fishing plans? Hope to stay well enough to get out a lot and continue fishing in the 20th century.

rayner

Reaction score
To get out more often, we have all suffered from this pandemic one way or another. I have not used a pole for almost 3 years, that may get an outing.
As with Kev, it is all health-related. Luckily I have steered clear of illness for quite a while.

Regalis

Out of reach...
Reaction score
River chub
River barbel
Pike
Big eels
Learn to trot a float

The joys of being a coarse/ river noob....

In regards to sea fishing, fish/explore some of the 30+ reef and wrecks I have marked on the plotter.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
More lure fishing and if this mild weather continues I fancy a couple of night fishing trips for some elusive barbel on my local river Eden and a crack at the large chub that live there and which are something of an unknown quantity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
As with others to stay well and keep at it,I really would like a 9lb plus tench,I will start from mid-February weather permitting,not continually,variation in my fishing is key...

Last edited:

seth49

Reaction score
Still top of my bucket list is a 20 lb plus carp.
But some decent sized tench, crucian, and roach would be nice as well.

Reaction score
Just to add,catching decent fish is my goal every time I go out,not specimens,just nice net size fish,crucians,barbel,chub,bream,roach,rudd,perch and tench all give me great pleasure,carp give me pleasure,on my terms,either on the float,or off the top,I enjoy all but they are my preferances...

chevin4

Reaction score
Would love another gravel pit 20lb plus pike and a 10lb tench have been knocking on the door for a few seasons now. Enjoy the company of good friends on the bank and try and get a night session in its been too long since my last one.

peterjg

Reaction score
I would like a 3lb roach, a 6lb chub and a 10lb tench - the chub is achievable but the other two are just dreams. My wife hardly fished last year (health issues) so I'm really hoping she can show me how it's done soon!

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
One of the club's I am in has a water called the lagoon, it holds some big roach and big bream. Along with double figure carp.
I am going to try and target the big bream ,
Long range feeder fishing,
The 3 other waters on the card ,I have fished 2 , the one I haven't fished is mainly large carp for the bivvy boys.
I have had bream to 5lb from them,Tench to 6.8lb and carp to 15lb.
There are large pike in them as well .
Also going to do a lot more canal fishing.
Commercials will be when I go to north west and one when I beat @Regalis in our tackle box match ?

Regalis

Out of reach...
Reaction score
@markcw Did you ever fish for bream at Carter House? I remember watching a guy fishing a match there when I was a kid. He was pulling them out one after another. Not sure if they are still present there. That's a good eel venue for me.

You do realise the match is rod and line right?....

I don't hold out a lot of hope for barbel on the rivers I have access to. I believe they become more and more scarce the further north you go...

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
So many things I would like to do but it’s a bit depressing listing them as I know I wont get round to doing most of them.

Some more realistic aims will be a few trips after Barbel as I did hardly any fishing for them last year. I also keep planning to have a proper go for a nice Zander, I have some very good ones within striking distance of me so no excuses really.

Roach, Tench, Carp and Mullet are sure to feature and I also hope to get afloat a few times in 2022 as neither the boat or the Kayak saw water in 2021 so I need to put that right this year.

That said even with the best laid plans I know I will end up chopping and changing targets, plans & goals based on whats happening in front of me. One thing I have learnt in angling is not to look a gift horse in the mouth so if the opportunity arises I'll be doing my best to take it whatever it is :)

Last edited:

steve2

Reaction score
Just to go fishing and enjoy it again. If all goes to plan it will be within 20 miles of Evesham although at the moment there are not many houses on the market that we like.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Same as most years, a mullet on the fly, some big roach, tench, bass, some nice flatties like dover sole or plaice. Can't see much different, that's usually enough for me to get on with. I might try and get a barbel holiday in, its been a long time since I done that, that would be something different.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I have no particular aims for the year and I very much doubt that I could fish more without getting sick of it or running out of money! It would be nice to up my tench PB, but it won't keep me awake at night. Well, no later than I can no longer see a float tip.