Fishing in South Wales / South West

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Morning folks, new fishing blog went online this morning. We headed out to Peterstone Fishery near Newport. It was a good day's fishing with a surprising catch, especially on the pole... and on maggot! To check it out have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Morning all! A new fishing blog went online this morning. Bit of a mixed bag, but I got it right in the end, and for the excellent price of £5 you couldn't really fault it. Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Morning all, and happy Friday! Been a slow week on the blogging front due to a mouse malfunction! But I've just posted 2 new trips. This first was a lesson in humility, but managed some nice photo's. The second post involved a very busy afternoon on one of South Wales's busiest matches fisheries. Catching fish of this size and frequency, it's not hard to see why.

Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Morning all!

Not sure when I'll be able to get some of my other blog posts online, so I thought I'd pop this on one before the ball really starts rolling my end!

Although it was a wet day out, ended up having some cracking Roach and a nice Carp taken on worm. Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

nicky

Reaction score
Enjoying reading these probably because all the waters are local to me some i have fished some i havent got around to yet

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Enjoying reading these probably because all the waters are local to me some i have fished some i havent got around to yet

Thanks Nicky! Got plenty more to put up too!

Afternoon all.

It was a mentally busy weekend, genuinely didn't stop. Still knackered now, but it does mean that I will be able to fish a host of new venues over the coming weeks (although it's getting colder at a rate of knots).

My most recent blog post of a trip with the FIL. Catching PB Roach. What a fantastic days fishing on the brilliant Welsh lake.

nicky

Reaction score
I have a friend who fished lamby for carp for a while and he said he had rudd which were estimated to be over 3lb on boilies didnt weigh or photograph as they werent his intended target unbelievable

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
At some point I'll have to go through them as stillwaters around here (Hay) are quite rare and I need the odd stillwater fix. Was in Abergavenny earlier in Waitrose supermarket with a huge magazing rack. I was looking for fishing magazines - not one to be found, coarse of game.

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
At some point I'll have to go through them as stillwaters around here (Hay) are quite rare and I need the odd stillwater fix. Was in Abergavenny earlier in Waitrose supermarket with a huge magazing rack. I was looking for fishing magazines - not one to be found, coarse of game.

I was in Abergavenny a few weeks back, wanted to visit the Antique fishing shop. Laughed my head off when it said "we now sell maggots"... Thought, bloody hell, what did they sell before! I'm sure there are a few good venues to the east of you, rather than South, but if you have any questions, by all means give me a shout. I am surprised that Waitrose didnt have a mag, not even Trout and Salmon. You should have complained!

Anyway, reception around my neck of the woods has gone from good to shocking, so I am waiting for internet repair on the 28th. So blogging and fishing has slowed right down (totally forgot Christmas was coming and how expensive it was). My most recent fishing blog has gone online though, hopefully it is informative, and answers a few questions I've received recently. Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
While I quickly have reception, here's another blog post which has just gone online. It's in keeping with my last post, and hopefully answers the remaining questions I've been getting. Hope it all makes sense. Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Morning all! Here is one of my most recent fishing trips. Managed to get a new PB Perch in 3 casts. Was very happy! Then the carp showed up, so I had a bash on them too! Great day out on a fishery that never fails to produce in any conditions.

Paul on Coarse Fishing

nicky

Reaction score
Another great write up and got me thinking i tried for the perch down there last year but had no joy put i was using lobworms so prawn it will be next time :)

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Another great write up and got me thinking i tried for the perch down there last year but had no joy put i was using lobworms so prawn it will be next time :)

Glad you liked the blog! A friend of mine uses Lobworm to great effect down there, but hammers Eels too. Apparently there are some bug un's in there.

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Winter has definitely arrived since I wrote this, but my most recent trip involved catching a some last minute feeding carp off the surface. Was great fun, for a few hours sport. Have a read here - Paul on Coarse Fishing

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Afternoon all, I've not been out for a while but my last trip before I moved further South can be viewed here! Was a great day on Newport Angling's School Pond. Not hard to see why they have a lot of matches there. Loads of F1's, definite weight builders!

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
A recent relocation has meant I've had to search out new venues and stores. To be honest, it's been tough and I'm still "sussing" things out, but here is my most recent blog post - Paul on Coarse Fishing

p.s. any local knowledge would be appreciated. Currently live just south of Yeovil.

anglerpaulm

Reaction score
Re: Fishing in South West England

Evening all!

Still getting to grips with the location and although I have lined up a few great venues, the weather is doing it's very best to prevent me wetting a line. Hopefully something will change over the coming days, but in the mean time I've had to content myself with finding some tackle stores.

You can read my most recent fishing blog here - Paul on Coarse Fishing